What Does Sport Edition Mean For My Car?

I bought a 2004 black on black GS 430 sports edition Lexus. I dont know what that means. I know that I cant seem to find any other cars out there that look like mine. It has a spoiler and there is a navigation system in it. But thats all i know. Any help would be appreciated.

I don't see a "sport edition" for the 04 model year: http://www.lexus.com/contact/pdf/2004/2004GSspecs.pdf

There was a "sport design" option for the GS300 in the 2003 model year.

Maybe what you have was a dealer option. Dealers come up with all sorts of "special editions" to move cars .... just hope yours doesn't have a vinyl roof!

No. It doesnt lol. I wish I had kept the ad for it. It is a 430 and somebody told me that it has all this extra stuff but I really dont know what it is. Something to do with the suspension too.

I guess i can call a lexus dealership and ask. : (

It was bought in the states. Im in Canada maybe you were looking in Canada.

Hi Rena,

Jim is ALMOST always right about these things. But seriously, the navigation package is a standard option for Lexus models as is the spoiler for several other models. Even my sedate ES350.

The most important thing here is the fact that you live in British Columbia. What a beautiful place. I hope someday to drive our Lexus up through B.C. just to take in the scenery and bears....oh my!

• 4 months later...

You are right on the suspension. I believe its a little stiffer, for the sportier feel. There are also some aesthetic differences...the silver on the dash around the navigation, sport design logos on the floor mats...does this sound like your car? Not much different from what I know but it does have a few more options.

You are right on the suspension. I believe its a little stiffer, for the sportier feel. There are also some aesthetic differences...the silver on the dash around the navigation versus the wood grain or dark grey trim. Also sport design logos on the floor mats...does this sound like your car? Not much different from what I know but it does have a few more options. The navigation and spoiler are factory add ons for many Lexus vehicles.