Key Fob

Hawkfe

I only have one remote for my wife's 2006 RX330. I called the dealer and got sticker shock when they told me $260 for the key and remote and an additional $65 to program it. After doing some research I've been led to believe I need a certain FCC ID for my vehicle, or can I just purchase an new remote with an uncut key on EBay? I did this with my 99 GS300 and had no problems. Any help/suggestions will be greatly appreciated.

I recall reprogramming an RX300 key SEVERAL years ago -- so far back that I can't recall the complete circumstances. But I found the instructions online, and they were similar to those here (a U.K. site). I just searched on "lexus owners program key rx300 lock turn" and found these, but I'd try variations of that search to see if I could find others.

I think I just performed the first 9 steps, but maybe I did more of it. If I used it all, I would have copied the text into a text editor and reformatted them so they'd be easier to read. Regardless, the programming worked for me back then. "Your results may vary", but I hope this helps. Maybe someone else had a similar experience as well.

For the 04+ RX's, you need the dealer to program them- you can't "just hold down this" and "pull this 5 times" doing it yourself in the garage like you could with an older Rx300. I guess Lexus caught on to people doing this to save money, so they redesigned the keys.

You can simply buy a use remote from ebay and ask the dealer to use their computers to reprogram it to your car. <_<

For the 04+ RX's, you need the dealer to program them- you can't "just hold down this" and "pull this 5 times" doing it yourself in the garage like you could with an older Rx300. I guess Lexus caught on to people doing this to save money, so they redesigned the keys.

You can simply buy a use remote from ebay and ask the dealer to use their computers to reprogram it to your car. <_<

Thanks for the information. I guess it's off to EBay then the dealer.