Audio Problems With Rx350

My 2008 RX350 has no sound. The radio, nav, bluetooth nothing works. Just stopped 6 months out of warranty and the dealer told me it wasmy problem. Any suggestions?

First thing, check for power to the system; i.e., fuses. Not totally sure about the RX, but they should be down on the left side of the drivers floor. Additional ones may be in the engine compartment. If the radio does not work, and the Nav screen is dead and the voice recog. is dead, it all comes out of the same head unit within the navigation unit. No power, no work.

Paul

All the functions on the radio, nav, phone etc work, however, no audio. Dealer claims it is the radio?? Others say it is the amp. Dealer wants $3000 just to replace the radio. One observation was that the sound would work everyother time the truck was started which leads me to believe it was a loose wire. Since the dealer looked at it, it doesnt work at all.

All the functions on the radio, nav, phone etc work, however, no audio. Dealer claims it is the radio?? Others say it is the amp. Dealer wants $3000 just to replace the radio. One observation was that the sound would work everyother time the truck was started which leads me to believe it was a loose wire. Since the dealer looked at it, it doesnt work at all.

I just finished talking with the techs at my dealer re: your problem. Unfortunately, it can be eithr the radio or amplifier, but most likely the radio. The problem with the amp is did they check to see if the amp had voltage coming into it and going out. If not, it's the amp. Otherwise it's the radio.

Re: the $3,000., the dealer thinks they must be trying to charge you for the whole Navigation unit when it is not neccessary. Only the radio needs to be replaced, and here it runs $750. installed. Cost vary quite a bit from dealer to dealer as you go around the country,and maybe your local people are have higher overhead? (huh?)

I don't know if this helps but wanted to give you some facts instead of more speculation.

Paul

• 2 weeks later...
  • 7 years later...

I have just bought a Lexus rx400h 2006 with Mark Levinson Audio system which had same problem. The person I bought it from said it was working fine till he got the Battery changed. So if your Radio comes on but no volume or volume stays on "0" on display even if you turn the volume knob or steering wheel volume controls then check my steps below.

In my case it was 30amp "Amp fuse" in fuse box was blown. I had a spare fuse that i replaced and radio started working.

Me and all my family members had gone on so many forums to find out the solution for this and here is my conclusions below.

1. You need to check all fuses in fuse box, especially "Amp" fuse then "Radio/ Rad" fuse then someone mentioned "Tel or Tell" fuse.

2. If this happened when Battery was replaced then disconnect the Battery and reconnect (Assume you know basic rules for disconnecting/reconnecting battery...if not quick search on the net will help you) after cleaning the terminals and other connections that are connected with main terminal cables and ensure all connections are firm tight (this has resolved the issue for some people) if you still have the same problem after reconnecting the Battery it might be worth checking out the Fuses mentioned in step 1 again. If they are all fine then...

3. Check Amp cable to see if this is damaged and causing the Battery to go flat. It might be catching ground connection or some other cables and blowing up the fuse. If this is the case fix this issue and recharge your Battery and reconnect it (if your car Battery is new and was replaced recently or otherwise replace it.)

4. If your car Battery is old and going flat often then replace the Battery however you need to figure out why your battery is going flat. It could be that Amp wire is getting earth/ground connection which  could be blowing the Amp fuse .and follow all 3 step above.

5. If you have done all of the above and you still have the same problem then apparently pressing on the left of the radio body has fixed the issue for some. I am not sure where exactly as mine wasn't this issue. On other forums it has fixed it for some people. Apparently hot weather or if radio was pulled out before can cause a loose connection inside the radio (if you are very good at it you can open up the Radio and check all connections inside but you may not have to go this far).

6. If all of the above fails and you are now sure that Radio unit or the Amplifier is faulty then replace them by buying the same from ebay or other places Or resolder circuit board connection in the amplifier/ woofer and radio unite (mostly it is amplifier/ woofer which is in the boot/back of the car) but i don't think you will get to this stage but some people have replaced amplifier and it has fixed the problem and others have replaced the Radio.(your own diagnosis and gut feeling about what might be faulty and depending on what is the cheapest option for you to go with first if you are unsure). If you have have bought one of them and still facing the same issue then buy the other and replace and hopefully you can sort it out and sell non faulty product or keep it, it's up to you.

Oh yeh... check for loose connections in front drive and passenger footwell

I hope this helps others.

Good luck.