Azrem

New Club Member

• Pip
  • 3 posts
  • First Name:Jim
  • Model: RX350
  • Year: 2008

Posted 07 November 2011 - 08:13 PM

My 2008 RX350 has no sound. The radio, nav, bluetooth nothing works. Just stopped 6 months out of warranty and the dealer told me it wasmy problem. Any suggestions?

Have something to contribute?

Sign in or register to start a topic...

#2 1990LS400

1990LS400

Guru Member

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,890 posts
  • Model: LS400
  • Year: 2000

Posted 07 November 2011 - 08:47 PM

OK, it's out of warranty. What did the dealer diagnose as being the problem.

#3 Paul A.

Paul A.

Club Manager

• Management
  • 2,649 posts
  • First Name:Paul
  • Model: RX350-ES350
  • Year: 2013

Posted 07 November 2011 - 10:04 PM

My 2008 RX350 has no sound. The radio, nav, bluetooth nothing works. Just stopped 6 months out of warranty and the dealer told me it wasmy problem. Any suggestions?

First thing, check for power to the system; i.e., fuses. Not totally sure about the RX, but they should be down on the left side of the drivers floor. Additional ones may be in the engine compartment. If the radio does not work, and the Nav screen is dead and the voice recog. is dead, it all comes out of the same head unit within the navigation unit. No power, no work.

Paul

#4 Azrem

Azrem

New Club Member

• Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 08 November 2011 - 07:40 AM

All the functions on the radio, nav, phone etc work, however, no audio. Dealer claims it is the radio?? Others say it is the amp. Dealer wants $3000 just to replace the radio. One observation was that the sound would work everyother time the truck was started which leads me to believe it was a loose wire. Since the dealer looked at it, it doesnt work at all.

#5 Paul A.

Paul A.

Club Manager

• Management
  • 2,649 posts
  • First Name:Paul
  • Model: RX350-ES350
  • Year: 2013

Posted 09 November 2011 - 10:56 AM

All the functions on the radio, nav, phone etc work, however, no audio. Dealer claims it is the radio?? Others say it is the amp. Dealer wants $3000 just to replace the radio. One observation was that the sound would work everyother time the truck was started which leads me to believe it was a loose wire. Since the dealer looked at it, it doesnt work at all.

I just finished talking with the techs at my dealer re: your problem. Unfortunately, it can be eithr the radio or amplifier, but most likely the radio. The problem with the amp is did they check to see if the amp had voltage coming into it and going out. If not, it's the amp. Otherwise it's the radio.

Re: the $3,000., the dealer thinks they must be trying to charge you for the whole Navigation unit when it is not neccessary. Only the radio needs to be replaced, and here it runs $750. installed. Cost vary quite a bit from dealer to dealer as you go around the country,and maybe your local people are have higher overhead? (huh?)

I don't know if this helps but wanted to give you some facts instead of more speculation.

Paul

#6 Azrem

Azrem

New Club Member

• Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 18 November 2011 - 07:04 AM

The sound is back on??? thus the radio and amp works. It must be a lose connection of some sort? Any suggestions on what could be lose under the dash?

Have something to contribute?

Sign in or register to start a topic...

Not what you're looking for?

Register now, we have a huge community of enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have