Where Is The Camshaft Position Sensor For A 2001 Is 300

lxis77

I am looking to see where this sensor is, I went and had put the computer on my IS and that is the error code I get, I would love to change it myself but I have not located it in my engine.

If anyone has the answer it would be great!

I am looking to see where this sensor is, I went and had put the computer on my IS and that is the error code I get, I would love to change it myself but I have not located it in my engine.

Did you just replace the timing belt? More than likely, you put the belt on incorrectly or your VVT-i solenoid is clogged. There's a little cone-shaped filter in the cyl. head where the oil feed line goes to the oil control (VVT-i)valve. Not much to go wrong with a camshaft position sensor unless you broke a wire. The code you got is the AREA of the problem. The computer only knows that the camshaft is not in the correct position based on the information it is getting from the sensor when it compares it to crankshaft position.

Yes I had the timing belt replaced in 2009. I started getting the check engine light and the track light is flashing. When it warms up and I slow down to stop at a light the car wants to stall. I will check out the VVT-i and check all wireing.

thank you for the response.

Did you just replace the timing belt? More than likely, you put the belt on incorrectly or your VVT-i solenoid is clogged. There's a little cone-shaped filter in the cyl. head where the oil feed line goes to the oil control (VVT-i)valve. Not much to go wrong with a camshaft position sensor unless you broke a wire. The code you got is the AREA of the problem. The computer only knows that the camshaft is not in the correct position based on the information it is getting from the sensor when it compares it to crankshaft position.

• 4 years later...