Considering 2012 Ls460L

Considring getting a new 2012 LS460L fully loaded with sport suspension, pre-collision, etc. (Sticker is $83,020.00) I read about many problems and recalls including engine valves on earlier models.

Have these issues been resolved? Are there any other known problems with the LS460L after it's 2010 refresh?

I currently have a 2004 LS430 Ultra Luxury that I will be passing on to my kid who turns 16 in a couple of months. I love that car! It has 90,000+ miles and has been pretty much trouble free. Thanks.

Considring getting a new 2012 LS460L fully loaded with sport suspension, pre-collision, etc. (Sticker is $83,020.00) I read about many problems and recalls including engine valves on earlier models.

Have these issues been resolved? Are there any other known problems with the LS460L after it's 2010 refresh?

I currently have a 2004 LS430 Ultra Luxury that I will be passing on to my kid who turns 16 in a couple of months. I love that car! It has 90,000+ miles and has been pretty much trouble free. Thanks.

You might check with a service adviser at a Lexus dealer and see if there have been any service bulletins issued for the items you listed. Another idea is to do a search of the forum under your topics of interest.

I have a loaded 2007 LS 460 L and still love it. It was identified as one of the cars that could possibily have a flaw in the alloy used to make the valve springs. Consequently, Lexus contacted me and replaced all valve spings at no cost. There were no complecations. Even though my 2007 LS 460 L is the first of this model, it is an exceptional automobile and I still get a great thrill out of driving it. I can certainly recommend buying a "refreshed" version of this outstanding ride.

• 2 months later...

In early November I bought a new 2012 LS460L AWD fully loaded with a sticker of $84K (paid just under $80K). I’ve put over 3200 miles on it in 7 weeks and have had absolutely no problems. We’ve been driving a 2004 ES330 that we bought new and put 160,000 miles on. That car has only had one part replaced, an air conditioner relay at 100,000 miles (son got the relay at Toyota for $75 and put it in). We are keeping the ES as a second car now and will be putting a lot of miles on the new LS.

I liked the ES and love the LS. The LS is our 10th new car in 45 years. We drive our cars until they are nearly worn out, and hope to get 8 more years from the ES and hope to do the same with the LS.