'02 Lexus Suv

yank30265

Im pretty sure this is the wrong spot but here goes. I have a p/t 2nd job in a parts store. today a couple came in and they had a 2002 lexus suv; im not sure which model; i was walking out the door when they got me. They said they had the oil changed and the check engine light came on along witch the traction light and another light next to the trac light in upper lft hand of dash. they took the suv to lexus and were told a hose was knocked off; which they fixed and were charged for. Yesterday they had the oil changed again and the same lights came on but the code was p1158 when i checked it. we just use an enxpensive code reader then u put the code in the computer and find out what it was. No reading came up for lexus or toyota on the code; almose all the other brands read o2 sensor bank 2 after the cat(sencsor 2) but a couple said map sensor i want sure what to tell them except to check online for the code or a forum; they said they were going to bring it to Lexus and try to add this bill with the last one and have the oil change place pay both bills; i turned the light off and it came back on along with the other 2 almost immediately; i cant see an o2 sensor setting off a traction light and the other light that was on; for my own personal ref(or if they come back) any ideas on what this could be? any help would be appreciated

Thank you

Im pretty sure this is the wrong spot but here goes. I have a p/t 2nd job in a parts store. today a couple came in and they had a 2002 lexus suv; im not sure which model; i was walking out the door when they got me. They said they had the oil changed and the check engine light came on along witch the traction light and another light next to the trac light in upper lft hand of dash. they took the suv to lexus and were told a hose was knocked off; which they fixed and were charged for. Yesterday they had the oil changed again and the same lights came on but the code was p1158 when i checked it. we just use an enxpensive code reader then u put the code in the computer and find out what it was. No reading came up for lexus or toyota on the code; almose all the other brands read o2 sensor bank 2 after the cat(sencsor 2) but a couple said map sensor i want sure what to tell them except to check online for the code or a forum; they said they were going to bring it to Lexus and try to add this bill with the last one and have the oil change place pay both bills; i turned the light off and it came back on along with the other 2 almost immediately; i cant see an o2 sensor setting off a traction light and the other light that was on; for my own personal ref(or if they come back) any ideas on what this could be? any help would be appreciated

Thank you

Whenever there is a CEL indication VSC and Trac functions are automatically, by default, disabled. Fix/clear the CEL and the VSC/Trac sudtems will go back to normal operation. This goes back to the days prior to DBW when EFI fuel cut/starvation had to be used to dethrottle the engine. Dethrottling the engine via EFI (driver doesn't know to release the throttle and may even react to the dethrottling by going WOT) results in PURE, unburned, oxygen reaching the oxygen sensor and the catalytic converter, not a good thing in either case.

So having VSC/Trac continue to operate with a CEL indication can sometimes be comparable, tantamount, to throwing gasoline on a roaring fire.