2009 Rx350 Aftermarket Double Din Install Questions

Hi all:

I just got a 2009 RX350 without nav, non-ML audio system. I am looking to install the Pioneer Avic X930BT as well as a backup camera. Here are the components I'm looking at getting:

Headunit:

Pioneer Avic-X930BT

Ipod Controls:

Pioneer CDIU-203V Ipod audio/video cable.

Steering Wheel Controls:

PAC SWI-PS

Backup Camera:

Boyo vtl425 ultra slim

Trim/Harness

I'm undecided on this. There are 2 options:

1) Beatsonic SLA-82A if I want to do plug and play, retain use of the factory amp.

2) JDM Toyota Harrier double din trim piece + Metra 70-8113 Toyota harness if I want to do factory amp bypass and use the aftermarket HU's internal amp.

Questions:

1) Does anyone have any opinion about the two choices of using the factory amp vs doing an amp bypass? I have heard complaints about noise/hissing using the factory amp with an aftermarket head unit. I could save a good bit of money doing the amp bypass myself, and probably better audio quality.

2) If do an amp bypass, why would I need a separate metra harness? I have read on the forums that this harness is required.

3) Does anyone have a link to the wiring diagram for the the amp/speakers for this car?

4) Is the ohm value of the factory speakers 4 ohms, or 2?

5) Am I missing anything? Any other components necessary?

Thanks in advance!

• 1 year later...

It is always better to use a amp to power the car speakers. whether you use the factory or aftermarket amp the more power the better your speakers will sound. A radio by itself will give you sound but not the same output and you will be disapointed with the sound.Ive learned that dealing with aftermarket equipment you always have to compromise,for example the small popping noise that will occur when the factory amp is turning on.I have found it easier to go to each door harness and get the speaker wires there when Ive done a amp by pass install. mejiadon7@aol.com or @ you tube protinttemplecityca.

• 3 months later...

if you install a toyota factory nav like the e7009 it will fit right in the factory bezel found in harriers. it is also plug in and play for the amp.or the sound system can be upgraded by adding the mark levinson amp( plug in and play)which triples watt output. your current pioneer system speakers can take the increased watts better than the mark levinson speakers. the pioneer sperakers actually cost more than the mark levinsonn speakers. you could also upgrade to factory nav that knows where you are 3 different ways and the stereo could be upgraded to mark levinson dvd cd changer to play movies on the nav screen. aftermarket navigation installs are poor choices that hurt value of the vehicle at sale time. there are no pioneer repair places anymore as their merchandise is nt repaiable after the one year warranty is over. the next person buying your rx can go to dealer if having a minor problem and they will know how to help with programming or nnew map etc. by the way the pioneer parts made for lexus are made in usa or japan. pioneer aftermarket parts are made in 3rd world electronic countries.