Oil Maint Indicator

rob_es350

9800 miles on my 2011, and the oil maintenance required indicator comes on

so I have a yellow warning light in my face, and my display occupied with this text warning, and no obvious way to get rid of them

horrible!

somebody please tell me there is a way to kill the light and display without going to the dealer

thanks

so I have a yellow warning light in my face, and my display occupied with this text warning, and no obvious way to get rid of them

horrible!

somebody please tell me there is a way to kill the light and display without going to the dealer

thanks

horrible!

thanks

Here is how you do it on the 2010 ES 350.

1. With the car on, switch the odometer to TRIP A.

2. Turn car off

3. Hold down the odometer reset button while car is off .

4. Hit the start button with foot OFF the brake. After a few seconds, the maintenance reset message will appear. When it resets, hit the start button a couple of times without stepping on the gas to turn everything off. You can then starat the car normally. .ii

horrible!

thanks

Here is how you do it on the 2010 ES 350.

1. With the car on, switch the odometer to TRIP A.

2. Turn car off

3. Hold down the odometer reset button while car is off .

4. Hit the start button with foot OFF the brake. After a few seconds, the maintenance reset message will appear. When it resets, hit the start button a couple of times without stepping on the gas to turn everything off. You can then starat the car normally. .ii

thanks k.c., I'll give it a try

Try to reset the oil light. (see owners manual)

not sure if you are breaking my chops for being too lazy to look in the manual

if you are, haha, very funny

if you are serious, that info is really no help

I'm not sure that the procedure is in the manual. I don't think Mother Lexus wants you to know how to do it. BTW, in step 4, "without stepping on the gas" obviously should be without stepping on the brake. Let me know if it works.

I have checked my owners manual and the reset procedure is not in there. Simply phone the dealer.

Just curious....why did the message light up in the first place?

Did you have a yellow engine maintenance warning or a red ! warning? My '09 has the red ! and my old '04 just had yellow warning. Seems a red ! is overkill for oil change reminder.

it is yellow, universally known to mean warning, or caution

red, universally known as "get the f*ck to a service station quick" is WRONG for a maintained indicator