Front Wheel Shimmy

yank30265

ls 400 296k milage; car drives great wheels are wearing evenly but ive noticed when i hit the breaks SOMETIMES the steering wheel shakes violently like a warped rotot but its not that because it dosent do it all the time when breaking. I took the caliper off and the pads and caliper looked fine on both sides. Passenger rotor when grabbed at 3 and 9 oclock dosent move

Driver side rotor when grabbed at 3 and 6 oclock moves in and out along with the outer tie rod and inner tie rod; may be an 1/8 of an inch. What im not sure of is the passenger side dosent move so Im thinking something is wrong; Buddy of mine said change outer tie rod and being im gonna be in there do the lower ball joint as there was alot of grease comeing out of it

What do you think?

ls 400 296k milage; car drives great wheels are wearing evenly but ive noticed when i hit the breaks SOMETIMES the steering wheel shakes violently like a warped rotot but its not that because it dosent do it all the time when breaking. I took the caliper off and the pads and caliper looked fine on both sides. Passenger rotor when grabbed at 3 and 9 oclock dosent move

Driver side rotor when grabbed at 3 and 6 oclock moves in and out along with the outer tie rod and inner tie rod; may be an 1/8 of an inch. What im not sure of is the passenger side dosent move so Im thinking something is wrong; Buddy of mine said change outer tie rod and being im gonna be in there do the lower ball joint as there was alot of grease comeing out of it

What do you think?

figured it out inner tie rod was about to fall off; so i changed the inner and outer tie rod on the driver sidetie rod end looked good but it was apart so i changed it. returned the ball joint because i needed the money for the tie rod. so ball joint will probably be next