Ls 600H L Landaulet Royal Wedding Car

http://www.drivearabia.com/news/2011/06/27/lexus-ls600h-l-landaulet-to-serve-royal-wedding/

lexus-ls-600h-l-landaulet-2.jpg

lexus-ls-600h-l-landaulet-3.jpg

lexus-ls-600h-l-landaulet-1.jpg

lexus-ls-600h-l-landaulet-7.jpg

So it is the Lexus LS600h L Landaulet that is in limelight here, and not the wedding ceremony of H.H Prince Albert II of Monaco for which the LS600h L Landaulet was exclusively designed and prepared. Just as the fate of the German makers of the only other Landaulet model is hanging on a thin strand of cobweb, Lexus marches in boldly with their finest piece of engineering till date.

This one-of-a-kind LS600h L Landaulet will be a hybrid vehicle featuring Lexus’ Hybrid Drive technology, allowing the vehicle to run on power from it’s electric motors alone during most of the “royal” tour – a 5.0-litre V8 gasoline engine takes care of any extra power that may be required. For those who do not know, a Landaulet is a design where the vehicle sports a convertible top only for the back seat – the front seat may or may not have a roof. The Lexus LS600h L Landaulet features a demountable lightweight one-piece transparent polycarbonate roof with no reinforcements or pillars, sourced from a French company specialized in manufacture of transparent component solutions for the aviation industry.

Apparently, the complex conversion process took over 2000 hours to complete. The process included extensive computer-aided design calculations, simulations and 3D modelling, and involved stripping down about 20,000 mechanical parts, electronic components and interior features and upholstery. Lexus also faced a tough task of maintaining the vehicle’s performance and safety aspects after the removal of roof and pillars. Lexus claims that the reassembly was carefully executed so as to ensure highest levels of quality while retaining the safety and performance aspects of the original car.

We do not know if this marks the birth of a new trend; nevertheless, the LS 600h L is truly a marvel which proves Lexus’ strengths when it comes to manufacturing exceptional luxury vehicles.

This special Lexus LS 600h L Landaulet will be serving as the official car at the royal wedding in Monaco taking place on July 2, 2011.

The specially-designed vehicle will be one of seven Lexus LS 600h in the wedding party at the nuptials of Prince Albert II of Monaco and Ms. Charlene Wittstock.

The Lexus LS 600h L Landaulet is the work of Belgian coachbuilder Carat Duchatelet, in partnership with Lexus engineers, and took over 2,000 hours to complete. Its distinguishing feature is the one-piece transparent roof.

The You-Tube clip shows a beautiful work of engineering and craftsmanship. It would be great if there was a way to watch the event on television. But I doubt it will be on my basic Direct-TV.

Thanks for posting this!

Paul

Paul...Paul...Paul??? What am I going to do with you? You could get something like this http://store.apple.com/us/browse/home/shop_ipod/family/apple_tv?afid=p219%7CGOUS&cid=AOS-US-KWG

Yeah....but you can't drive it. Besides, whenever I see the Apple logo I automatically bend over...and I have a bad back.

Be nice to your elders. LOL!!

So i take it there are no side curtain airbags? :blink:

What are they gonna do with this thing once the day is over? I doubt it could be converted back to its original configuration. :rolleyes:

What are they gonna do with this thing once the day is over? I doubt it could be converted back to its original configuration. :rolleyes:

I doubt the Prince gives a rip. They probably donate it to the homeless for a tax write-off. LOL

I doubt the Prince gives a rip. They probably donate it to the homeless for a tax write-off. LOL

Hahah :lol: