Lexus Quality #1- Jd Power

pj8708

Well done Lexus, it comes as no surprise to me.

Based on my Lexus ownership experience (versus current and recent MB, Ford, GM, and Jeep vehicles), Lexus is doing well with quality. Also improvements at Mercedes in past few years are showing well on this chart.

Who's suprised by that??

I am. :blink: Apparently they didn't sit in any 06+ IS's or RX's... The interior plastics are hard as a rock. The interior quality of the entry level Lexus' has dropped IMO...

I'm also very surprised Porsche is ANYWHERE near the top of this list. But also notable is the fact that Scion is way at the bottom. Since this survey is based on owner "complaints" i guess it makes sense though... From what i've seen, Scion "drivers" are generally the younger type who beat the crap out of them, and their "owners" are the responsible parents who are the type to make complaints when they break down from being abused! Porsche owners on the other hand... baby their cars.

Who's suprised by that??

I am. :blink: Apparently they didn't sit in any 06+ IS's or RX's... The interior plastics are hard as a rock. The interior quality of the entry level Lexus' has dropped IMO...

I'm also very surprised Porsche is ANYWHERE near the top of this list. But also notable is the fact that Scion is way at the bottom. Since this survey is based on owner "complaints" i guess it makes sense though... From what i've seen, Scion "drivers" are generally the younger type who beat the crap out of them, and their "owners" are the responsible parents who are the type to make complaints when they break down from being abused! Porsche owners on the other hand... baby their cars.

Be fair CD, they said that Lexus had "regained" it's number one status this year after having been bumped out by Porsche, and the survey didn't cover 2006 models. As far as the 06' models quality, you carry a grudge a long time!!! LOL

Any additonal observations!

IMHO opinion quality starts with an attitude. Yesterday I bought my first Lexus product, a RX450h.

While I'm not qualified to speak on the subject of the quality of this vehicle since I have not taken delivery of it, I am impressed by the attitude and quality of service from the staff at the dealership. One thing that impressed me was a comment made by the salesperson regarding the fact that the hybrid RX was in short supply because of the earthquake in Japan causing a shortage of parts for hybrids. He said a decision was made by Lexus (Toyota) executives that any available parts will go first to service exsiting vehicles. Service is more important than sales. I don't know if that is factual but if it really is the attitude then I'm impressed already!

I'm not surprised at all. Lexus makes a good quality vehicle. Our '02 LS430 never gives us trouble. After nine years, the LS still feels brand new, having leather, soft touch plastic, or wood wherever you look. All of the buttons do what they're supposed to do, the seats perform all of their functions, and the engine runs as quietly and flawlessly as ever. Now that's quality. :)