Check Engine Go Away :(

Hello yall I am Kay and i have a 2002 RX300

My problem is a Check engine light that wont go away it came with a friend a VSC light

I ran the check engine code and it was o2 sensor upper air/fuel SO I replaced it $160 pulled the (-) power from the batt then reconnected it then started it back up and BAM! its back I ran the code again it says the same sensor .. I checked the vacume line attached to filter box and its good .. The guy at the store said there was 2 upper o2's but i dont see a 2nd PLEASE PLEASE help thanks

K

I assume you are talking about the Air/Fuel sensor on the radiator side of the engine. If so that is Sensor Two Bank Two. The one behind the engine before the catalytic converter is Sensor One Bank One. What are the codes? I have attached a list of ODBII codes. I have also attached a file that will help you track down and test various issues including sensors. Good luck!

OCBII Codes.rtf

SFI (SF) file.pdf

I assume you are talking about the Air/Fuel sensor on the radiator side of the engine. If so that is Sensor Two Bank Two. The one behind the engine before the catalytic converter is Sensor One Bank One. What are the codes? I have attached a list of ODBII codes. I have also attached a file that will help you track down and test various issues including sensors. Good luck!

NOOOOOOO lol thats the one i need to change out is sensor one bank one i changed the front one :( is there any pics of the location on here any place? i seached yahoo but no luck any tips or tricks to changing it out ? thanks

NOOOOOOO lol thats the one i need to change out is sensor one bank one i changed the front one :( is there any pics of the location on here any place? i seached yahoo but no luck any tips or tricks to changing it out ? thanks

My problem is a Check engine light that wont go away it came with a friend a VSC light

I ran the check engine code and it was o2 sensor upper air/fuel SO I replaced it $160 pulled the (-) power from the batt then reconnected it then started it back up and BAM! its back I ran the code again it says the same sensor .. I checked the vacume line attached to filter box and its good .. The guy at the store said there was 2 upper o2's but i dont see a 2nd PLEASE PLEASE help thanks

K

Greetings Kay,

There are 2 A/F ratio sensors. one on the rear bank (B1) and one of the exact same sensor on the front bank (B2). I wish you had posted what the CEL fault code was. May I say one thing, a lot of companies make A/F sensors for the RX, but I wouldn't use ANYTHING but the original Denso sensor. They can be purchased on Amazon for about $100. Some of the other brands don't play well with T/L and MAY come back with a CEL when it's the sensor not interacting because they don't know how to make sensors as well as Denso does. This site is a very good site for OBD2 codes and the link is LEXUS specific. http://www.obd-codes.com/trouble_codes/lexus/

Be forewarned that there is a mistake on the site though. P1155 SHOULD say (B2S1 instead of B1S1) BOTH front and rear sensors are the same sensors, both located shortly after it comes out of the exhaust manifold. The front one is VERY easy to see and the rear has to be accessed from the bottom, back by the firewall. If you had a code for an A/F ratio sensor, that code should be SPECIFIC to THAT sensor. If you are getting the SAME code, I strongly suspicion it may be the aftermarket brand sensor. Please post what the original code was.

Edit: Kay, the info Joe gave you is incorrect, the front one is Bank 2, sensor 1, NOT Bank 2, sensor 2. Do a search here AND on Club Lexus, there is quite a bit on changing the sensors. Unfortunately, the rear is much more difficult to change because of where you have to release the plug on the pig tail. There ARE good instructions on how to do it without cursing a blue streak though. DO read up BEFORE you try to change it though. There are also good pictures to show you exactly what you're looking for.

A male named Kay? Please tell me it isn't so! Is that a little like a boy named Sue? :)

K

Greetings Kay,

There are 2 A/F ratio sensors. one on the rear bank (B1) and one of the exact same sensor on the front bank (B2). I wish you had posted what the CEL fault code was. May I say one thing, a lot of companies make A/F sensors for the RX, but I wouldn't use ANYTHING but the original Denso sensor. They can be purchased on Amazon for about $100. Some of the other brands don't play well with T/L and MAY come back with a CEL when it's the sensor not interacting because they don't know how to make sensors as well as Denso does. This site is a very good site for OBD2 codes and the link is LEXUS specific. http://www.obd-codes.com/trouble_codes/lexus/

Be forewarned that there is a mistake on the site though. P1155 SHOULD say (B2S1 instead of B1S1) BOTH front and rear sensors are the same sensors, both located shortly after it comes out of the exhaust manifold. The front one is VERY easy to see and the rear has to be accessed from the bottom, back by the firewall. If you had a code for an A/F ratio sensor, that code should be SPECIFIC to THAT sensor. If you are getting the SAME code, I strongly suspicion it may be the aftermarket brand sensor. Please post what the original code was.

Edit: Kay, the info Joe gave you is incorrect, the front one is Bank 2, sensor 1, NOT Bank 2, sensor 2. Do a search here AND on Club Lexus, there is quite a bit on changing the sensors. Unfortunately, the rear is much more difficult to change because of where you have to release the plug on the pig tail. There ARE good instructions on how to do it without cursing a blue steak though. DO read up BEFORE you try to change it though. There are also good pictures to show you exactly what you're looking for.

A male named Kay? Please tell me it isn't so! Is that a little like a boy named Sue? :)

Thank you code58 for correcting my error.

thanks guys i am getting a denso o2 on sunday i hope it works lol

I go by (KAY) but real name is Karim Kay is easyer lol

Thanks for all the info guys

The CEL code might well be an indication of a fault(***)detected by the oxygen sensor, not necessarily the sensor itself.

Leaking injector, for instance.

Ok so i went to this tire shop and told the guy let me use ur life and i will give u $20 he said give me $30 and i will do it for u so $30 later and an $100 for the o2 my lights are gone and i got my inspection lol so happy right now thanks for all yalls help