Changing Tires On Rx 400H

Hi

I am getting ready to change tires on my RX 400h

Question is -

How difficult it is for a regular Joe to change tires and bluetooth sync each tire/wheel to the on-board computer.

do I need "expert" (so called) help from a lexus dealer OR a regular mechanic / local mom-n-pop shop can do it easily.

is that documented anywhere?

Thank you

Proud owner

2008 RX 400h

Same as any other car with TPMS. The TPMS sensors are not bluetooth, they are regular old-fashioned radio frequency. The tire installer needs to know they are TPMS and you will probably be charged a little extra so they can replace part of the TPMS valve stem and "reset" the system.

You don't need to do anything special when rotating the tires.

There is a TPMS reset button under the dash to re-learn the baseline tire pressure if you change it. That way it will continue to alert you when any tire gets 25% below the baseline pressure.

I recently replaced the OEM tires with Michelin MXV4 S8 tires at 32K. My sense is that the AWD and regenerative braking may shorten tire life a bit. Love the new Michelins with improved ride and handling. I purchased the tires from Tire Rack and had them installed by a local Tire Rack affiliate. The TPMS sensors did not need to be replaced and there was no extra fee simply because the of the presence of the TMPS. I had to reset the TPMS system (button under dash) since the mechanic did not do that step.

My sense is that the AWD and regenerative braking may shorten tire life a bit.

How so? Regenerative braking actually has a positive effect on brake pad life (the friction brakes are used much less), and I can't imagine how it could cause tire wear. I also cannot see how electric motor power to the rear tires in certain situations would have an adverse effect on tire wear.

The worst thing I can think of for reducing tire life (for the RX400h) is being out of alignment or having low tire pressure.