Lug Nut Key

yank30265

trying to get my tire off today to do brakes and the guts of my lug nut key broke; im sure this was due to the fact that the last idiots that put my tires on used an impact wrench. I need to get the security lug off is this an item I can get at a lexus dealer for a 90 ls400? My rims are stock I dont know why they put a Lock on it anyway. If i can get the new key i might change all my lug nuts to regular nonsecurity. Are stock ls400 rims a hot item? if they r then I wont waste the money on the new lugnuts just buy the key

trying to get my tire off today to do brakes and the guts of my lug nut key broke; im sure this was due to the fact that the last idiots that put my tires on used an impact wrench. I need to get the security lug off is this an item I can get at a lexus dealer for a 90 ls400? My rims are stock I dont know why they put a Lock on it anyway. If i can get the new key i might change all my lug nuts to regular nonsecurity. Are stock ls400 rims a hot item? if they r then I wont waste the money on the new lugnuts just buy the key

You are better off just taking the car to your local tire shop and having them remove the keyed lugs. Then put regular lugs back on. The wheels may have been worth something in their heyday but not so much anymore. On the other hand, if your car is parked in a "bad" section of town at night, some one may feel compelled to remove your wheels even though they are only worth about $300/set. In that case, it might be worth staying with keyed lugs. The dealer would have a replacement tool.