39 replies to this topic

#31 John Dawson Sr

John Dawson Sr

New Club Member

• Pip
  • 16 posts
  • Model: 2006 IS250 AWD

Posted 09 February 2009 - 02:20 PM

this information has been posted earlier but is worth repeating. while this information works for lx470's up to 2002, it is up to you to check if the wiring for your vehicle is the same. you can watch dvd's on the navigation screen with a simple 15 minute fix. pull the wood panel off from the center of the dash. there are two clips towards the outside of the top of the panel and two about 6 inches down on the sides. remove the electric clock connection on the bottom of the panel and set aside. remove the four screws holding the navigation screen. behind the temp up and down button there is a grey connector. locate and cut the violet wire 2" from the unit. shrink wrap or tape off these wires. this elimimate the speed sensor turning off the video. in the same connector, locate and cut the red wire with the white stripe 4-5" from the unit. shrink wrap or tape off the end that goes to the wiring harness. strip the end coming from the unit and ground it to the top left screw holding the unit in the metal frame. this simulates the emergency brake being on. slip everthing back together and only watch videos while moving ONLY IF YOU ARE THE PASSENGER! many thanks to sal who posted this back in february of 2002. by the way i e-mailed doctor bypass on ebay to ask him what his makes his $95. unit better than this free fix and got no reply.

Please excuse my ignorance. My 2006 IS250 AWD w/ Nav has an in-dash 6 CD changer and the map DVD player which is hidden behind a face plate. It is not readily accessible. The faceplate has to be removed with tools to change out the map DVD (which I had my dealer do recently - cost $318 + tax!). The CD changer doesn't play DVD's. Can you watch DVD's with this system? Thanks.

Have something to contribute?

Sign in or register to start a topic...

#32 clay1

clay1

Advanced Club Member

• PipPipPip
  • 253 posts
  • Model: IS250 AWD

Posted 09 February 2009 - 02:32 PM

this information has been posted earlier but is worth repeating. while this information works for lx470's up to 2002, it is up to you to check if the wiring for your vehicle is the same. you can watch dvd's on the navigation screen with a simple 15 minute fix. pull the wood panel off from the center of the dash. there are two clips towards the outside of the top of the panel and two about 6 inches down on the sides. remove the electric clock connection on the bottom of the panel and set aside. remove the four screws holding the navigation screen. behind the temp up and down button there is a grey connector. locate and cut the violet wire 2" from the unit. shrink wrap or tape off these wires. this elimimate the speed sensor turning off the video. in the same connector, locate and cut the red wire with the white stripe 4-5" from the unit. shrink wrap or tape off the end that goes to the wiring harness. strip the end coming from the unit and ground it to the top left screw holding the unit in the metal frame. this simulates the emergency brake being on. slip everthing back together and only watch videos while moving ONLY IF YOU ARE THE PASSENGER! many thanks to sal who posted this back in february of 2002. by the way i e-mailed doctor bypass on ebay to ask him what his makes his $95. unit better than this free fix and got no reply.

Please excuse my ignorance. My 2006 IS250 AWD w/ Nav has an in-dash 6 CD changer and the map DVD player which is hidden behind a face plate. It is not readily accessible. The faceplate has to be removed with tools to change out the map DVD (which I had my dealer do recently - cost $318 + tax!). The CD changer doesn't play DVD's. Can you watch DVD's with this system? Thanks.

NO

#33 MikeHL

MikeHL

New Club Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
  • Model: RX400h

Posted 18 February 2009 - 03:10 AM

Does anyone have any information on how to work the "fix" for the DVD playing while in motion for the 2007 RX400h with the 5th gen Nav system and DVD player? Either through a key sequence or other method?

Thanks,
Mike

#34 vu1031

vu1031

New Club Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
  • Model: rx330

Posted 22 March 2009 - 04:39 PM

help! so has anyone figured out how to bypass this on the rx330?

#35 DONKIXOTHS

DONKIXOTHS

New Club Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
  • Model: RX400h

Posted 26 March 2010 - 06:51 AM

Hi i have a 2008 European Lexus RX400h with the Premium Mark Levinson DVD changer!!! Could anyone tell me how to watch a DVD while i drive?

#36 grognon

grognon

Club Member

• PipPip
  • 52 posts
  • Model: Lexus RX400h 2007

Posted 16 June 2010 - 10:18 AM

Does anyone have any information on how to work the "fix" for the DVD playing while in motion for the 2007 RX400h with the 5th gen Nav system and DVD player? Either through a key sequence or other method?

Thanks,
Mike

Did you find how to play a dvd while the car is in motion?

I also have the 2007 Lexus RX400h

Let me know if you have find it out or find anything else out

Sylvain

#37 rivkel

rivkel

New Club Member

• Pip
  • 5 posts
  • Model: qerwe

Posted 20 January 2011 - 12:22 AM

Now a days people are using the Car DVD player in which you can see the Movies and songs while you are driving the car.But for the Driver it is Dangerous thing to watch the DVD.If the back Seater are watching the Movie then its ok but I think the Driver should not take the risk to watch it.Its for the entertainment purpose to pass your Time while you are travelling.

#38 tiger boy

tiger boy

New Club Member

• Pip
  • 6 posts
  • First Name:Patric
  • Model: GS 300
  • Year: 1998

Posted 13 December 2011 - 02:48 PM

i watch DVD everytime :) make me funny  :chairshot:  :pirate:

#39 kimikmy

kimikmy

New Club Member

• Pip
  • 4 posts
  • First Name:kimi
  • Model: RX350
  • Year: 2010

Posted 15 April 2013 - 12:16 AM

I just believe that the dvd is a neccesity of cars. Recently I bought a clarion overhead dvd player for my RX350. Amazingly good! My kids love it. Share with you guys http://www.justcardvd.com

#40 UCF3

UCF3

Guru Member

• Super Moderator
  • 2,199 posts
  • First Name:Nabil
  • Model: 2008 IS-F, 2013 GS350 AWD
  • Year: 2008

Posted 05 February 2014 - 07:08 AM

Aren't you guys distracted by the movies playing up front?  Used to do it, but i found myself taking my eyes off the road and often didn't realize i often i did that.

Have something to contribute?

Sign in or register to start a topic...

Not what you're looking for?

Register now, we have a huge community of enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have