#1 nbwz

nbwz

New Club Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
  • Model: ES350

Posted 24 January 2011 - 12:52 PM

I have a 2009 Lexus ES350 that has problems with the radio. Intermittently, upon start up, either the display and/or the controls on the dasboard are inoperable. This includes on/off, volume, preset buttons, and blue tooth connection to my phone. The dealer has replaced the radio several months ago, but the current radio is starting to exhibit the same issue.

Is this a common problem?
What is the fix?

Have something to contribute?

Sign in or register to start a topic...

#2 Ira d

Ira d

Club Member

• PipPip
  • 84 posts
  • Model: 2007 ES350

Posted 31 January 2011 - 12:47 AM

I have a 2007 ES and in the summer time when the car gets hot inside say after it has set a couple of hr's or more the radio will show the same symptom
as you describe. I have also heard other discussion on this matter and it caused by a radio design defect and I hope at some point lexus will correct it.

#3 lexuspcola

lexuspcola

New Club Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
  • Model: RX300

Posted 31 January 2011 - 07:08 PM

I have a 2009 Lexus ES350 that has problems with the radio. Intermittently, upon start up, either the display and/or the controls on the dasboard are inoperable. This includes on/off, volume, preset buttons, and blue tooth connection to my phone. The dealer has replaced the radio several months ago, but the current radio is starting to exhibit the same issue.

What is the fix?

I have 2008 Lexus ES350 that just experienced the same problem 2 days ago and now it will not turn on - searching for a way to reset it now - was taking it to dealer tomorrow - have verified all 3 radio fuses (2 under hood, 1 under dash) are ok. Any fixes you find, please do share and I'll do the same. Thanks!

#4 dhatchettman

dhatchettman

New Club Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
  • First Name:Dane
  • Year: 2009

Posted 24 May 2011 - 02:40 PM

What is the fix?

I have a 09 ES350 that doing the same thing, did anyone ever find a fix for this issue? I have it a the dealer right now and of course the radio will not fail while they have it there.

#5 kberch

kberch

New Club Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
  • First Name:kell
  • Model: ES 350
  • Year: 2007

Posted 21 July 2011 - 11:53 AM

What is the fix?

I have 2008 Lexus ES350 that just experienced the same problem 2 days ago and now it will not turn on - searching for a way to reset it now - was taking it to dealer tomorrow - have verified all 3 radio fuses (2 under hood, 1 under dash) are ok. Any fixes you find, please do share and I'll do the same. Thanks!

My 2007 ES350 just exhibited the same issues today (radio buttons on console are unresponsive, stereo screen is faint/ flickers). It has been sitting out in the record setting heat for a few hours. Has anyone found a solution to this issue? Will it resolve itself once the car cools down?

#6 windemere1

windemere1

New Club Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
  • First Name:Henry
  • Year: 2008

Posted 30 August 2011 - 11:31 PM

I took my 2008 to dealer today for similar intermittent radio issue: LED fades out during operation, buttons non-functioning, not detecting my cell phone, CD ejects when I pressed radio preset buttons. I used my cell phone and recorded a video when it was not working, and showed it to the service manager. He told me he will order a replacement unit and will take 4~5 days to come in. Still under warranty, but due to expire in 3 months, so I just extended it to 8-yr/80K through Jerry Johnson of KS Toyota, figuring I may start seeing some other issues showing up now which may be covered under warranty.

#7 Paul A.

Paul A.

Club Manager

• Management
  • 2,755 posts
  • First Name:Paul
  • Model: RX350-ES350
  • Year: 2013

Posted 31 August 2011 - 02:48 PM

Just for clarification, it sounds as though each of your systems is a non-navigation radio. Is this right?

Paul

#8 lx350us

lx350us

New Club Member

• Members via FB
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
  • First Name:lexus
  • Year: 2013

Posted 18 July 2013 - 08:35 PM

there is a problem with lexus and their radios. just bought the top of the line 2013 lexus ES350 2 weeks ago. we have the same problem. very poor radio receiption. lots of static. lexus definately knows about this...cars going to back to the dealer ASAP!

#9 KBRX330

KBRX330

Advanced Club Member

• PipPipPip
  • 265 posts
  • First Name:K
  • Model: 2004 RX330 , 2008 ES350
  • Year: 2008
Contributor

Posted 03 August 2013 - 10:54 PM

Our 2008 ES350 seems to have the same issue after it sits in the sun on a hot day. after it cools off in the evening if you cycle it off/on everything works like new. Our ES has always spent most days in the garage but now my wife works part time and it sits in a mall parkinglot all day. I am going to get one of those solar reflectors for the windshield and see if that helps.

Have something to contribute?

Sign in or register to start a topic...

Not what you're looking for?

Register now, we have a huge community of enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have