Tapping Dvd Video ...

rgardjr

I spent some time looking at a service manual for a 2004 Land Cruiser tonight in search of the dvd output location. Here is what I came up with:

At the DVD Changer it's in the D26 connector (20 pins in the connector) pin 9 wire color is white.

At the Multi-Display it's in the M7 connector (6 Pin Harness Top Row of connects on back of the Nav Unit on the Drivers side) It's pin 1 color white

Hopefully I'll have some time this weekend to see how well the 2004 Land Cruiser wiring diagram translates to a 2006 LX470.

This location at the head unit differs from the other references I've come across, but they appear to be for older vehicles. The other post reference a red wire with gray spots on the passenger side.

I'll let you know what I find.

Rick

Here is the wiring diagram for 2004 Land Cruiser I mentioned looking at. I thought it might be helpful to others. It also includes the connector and pin location for the DVD bypass mod. I believe this covers 2004-2006 Gen 4 Nav Units.

2004 Land Cruiser Nav Wiring.pdf