Whine On Braking/slowing

Bob7Z7

I bought a new HS250h Premium with Nav Thursday. I have driven quite a few Priuses and Camry Hybrids, but my car exhibits a louder whine on braking or slowing than any of the other toyota hypbrids I have driven. Is this common, or will the sound level subside with use or do I have a problem?

It's hard to know since it's subjective, but I'm guessing the whine you notice is normal. I find it noticeable on my HS, but not particularly unpleasant. It may be that if the HS has more sound insulation than the Toyotas (which one would hope since it's a freakin' Lexus), the whine of the regenerative break system may be more noticeable since it's not competing with other forms of road/engine noise.

It's hard to know since it's subjective, but I'm guessing the whine you notice is normal. I find it noticeable on my HS, but not particularly unpleasant. It may be that if the HS has more sound insulation than the Toyotas (which one would hope since it's a freakin' Lexus), the whine of the regenerative break system may be more noticeable since it's not competing with other forms of road/engine noise.

THANKS

I notice that I hear a sound start after I open the drivers door upon entering the car. Clearly triggered by opening the door. Have you heard that one?

Since I am spending time learning things inside the car sitting working the nav system menus, I sometimes hear what sounds like a door deep in the dash slamming shut. Maybe part of the AC system although I don't believe it is on at that time. This is only when the car is on accessory or ON put not turned on.

I know the sound you are talking about. Something definitely kicks in after opening the door. Seems to be coming from the engine compartment on the driver's side.

In terms of breaking or slowing noise, you do hear it but I can't say it bugs me. I personally enjoy the HS because of its technology. It's a more intelligent car if you will and the hybrid noises remind me of it.

Now, while I've had my car for a year, I've recently just noticed that when slowing down after acceleration but not breaking, the sound that comes out of the hybrid system sometimes feels like an uneven wheel spinning. Don't know if it was there before but I just noticed it. Anybody know what I mean? Normal or my car needs servicing?

I know the sound you are talking about. Something definitely kicks in after opening the door. Seems to be coming from the engine compartment on the driver's side.

In terms of breaking or slowing noise, you do hear it but I can't say it bugs me. I personally enjoy the HS because of its technology. It's a more intelligent car if you will and the hybrid noises remind me of it.

Now, while I've had my car for a year, I've recently just noticed that when slowing down after acceleration but not breaking, the sound that comes out of the hybrid system sometimes feels like an uneven wheel spinning. Don't know if it was there before but I just noticed it. Anybody know what I mean? Normal or my car needs servicing?