AdBlock Warning

Parts of this website do not function properly with AdBlock enabled on your device. To get the best user experience on our website, please disable Adblock for this website (domain) on your browser.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
jwis250

Is250 Motor Oil Capacity

6 posts in this topic

The IS250 has a motor oil capacity of 6.7 quarts, would it be okay to just use 7 quarts? My problem is measuring of the 0.7 quarts and saving the remaining 0.3 quarts every time I changed the oil. Will it harm the engine if I use 7 quarts?

Thanks

The likelihood of 0.3 extra quarts of oil in the crankcase and sump doing any damage to your car is extremely low. In 25 years and a couple dozen cars and motorcycles, I've rounded up to the nearest quart and never had a problem. Large quantities of extra oil (like two or more extra quarts) can push past the rings and/or froth, but a few extra ounces won't hurt you.

The likelihood of 0.3 extra quarts of oil in the crankcase and sump doing any damage to your car is extremely low. In 25 years and a couple dozen cars and motorcycles, I've rounded up to the nearest quart and never had a problem. Large quantities of extra oil (like two or more extra quarts) can push past the rings and/or froth, but a few extra ounces won't hurt you.

Thank you! Next time I'll just pour in 7 quarts.

The IS250 has a motor oil capacity of 6.7 quarts, would it be okay to just use 7 quarts? My problem is measuring of the 0.7 quarts and saving the remaining 0.3 quarts every time I changed the oil. Will it harm the engine if I use 7 quarts?

Thanks

I've been putting 6.5 quarts at each change. This will bring it to the full mark exactly. Don't over fill. If you are using quart bottles they should be marked. If you are using bulk, go to Walmart and get a cheap glass measuring cup.

I've been putting 6.5 quarts at each change. This will bring it to the full mark exactly. Don't over fill. If you are using quart bottles they should be marked. If you are using bulk, go to Walmart and get a cheap glass measuring cup.

Thanks for the suggestion, 6.5 quarts is a good round number. I can save the half quart for the next oil change.