2002 Es300 Mark Levinson Subwoofer Removal

ES300_NJ

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

2002 ES 300 Mark Levinson Subwoofer grill removal

I joined the forum just to help-out and pay my dues to those members that took the time to help others.

Last night I got the courage to remove the subwoofer’s grill at the rear.

The grill has two teeth that inserts in the slots on the back side (near to the rear shield) and two snaps- in pins at front (next to the seat).

The grill need be loosened by prying-out from the middles and then moving toward the corners. I had to cut some cloth under the grill to release the rear two teeth and then I pried-out one pin from the front corner and the other pin unfortunately broke ( what the heck, the grill has no weight, the engineer must of thought they were securing down a monument down!!)

As other members did, I used the glue gun and glued the heck all around the woofer cloth to the outer steel ring around the woofer. The subwoofer works just fine now and saved the $850. Now the grill is connected back with the two teeth at the back and one pin at front , it feels pretty secure also with only having one pin in placed it will be much easier to remove the grill in future. Positive thinking ha!!

Good luck.

• 3 weeks later...

You obviously didn't search enough. I did a write-up on this, complete with pictures last year.

How about a link that would help this person find your write-up.

So I should search for the link for them? Not trying to be a !Removed!, but they have access to the same resources that I do. Why should I do all of the work?

You obviously didn't search enough. I did a write-up on this, complete with pictures last year.

So I should search for the link for them? Not trying to be a !Removed!, but they have access to the same resources that I do. Why should I do all of the work?

You don't have to do a thing! But, you stated that you had authored an article/tutorial? regarding the inquired subject, and if you had wanted someone to read it you might have posted a link to that article so someone could easily admire your work.

The way it is, your just being useless.

Paul

• 2 weeks later...

You don't have to do a thing! But, you stated that you had authored an article/tutorial? regarding the inquired subject, and if you had wanted someone to read it you might have posted a link to that article so someone could easily admire your work.

The way it is, your just being useless.

Paul

If you're that concerned about it, I'm sure you could find it for them.

Hi branshew,

I DID look up you post on the sub and it is an excellent tutorial! You obviously put a lot of time and effort into it, which is why I don't no why your so nasty about putting up your link with others to learn from. No harm to me.

Happy Holidays to you and yours,

Paul