Alabaster Interiors

I am trying to decide whether or not to order the alabaster seats. Does anyone have any thoughts on how they wear over time. It seems to me that they would show wear and dirt quite easily. Does anyone with this seats have issues with this concerns after a year or two of ownership.

I am trying to decide whether or not to order the alabaster seats. Does anyone have any thoughts on how they wear over time. It seems to me that they would show wear and dirt quite easily. Does anyone with this seats have issues with this concerns after a year or two of ownership.

I have had two Lexus, both with light colored leather, (parchment & cashmere). The Lexus leather, IMO, does not show wear regardless of color as long as you keep it clean of obvious dirt and dust. Occasional wiping with a good quality leather cleaner helps keep it looking great. This takes about 5 minutes.

The only problem I ever had with the light color was on the drivers door armrest. I had a lambskin black leather jacket and the dye from the jacket would transfer onto the armrest. I took the jacket to the leather cleaners and they said there was nothing that could be done. That any and all leather could do that. A professional car detailer was able to reduce the stain quite a bit but I just quit wearing the jacket in that car.

I love the look of the alabaster and I hope you decide to go with it!

Paul

2008 LS 460 70,000 miles still look like new -0- problems

• 4 years later...

I have a 2009 LS460 Truffle Mica with Alabaster leather. It is very striking and always gets wonderful comments. My car has 62,000 miles and the interior looks brand new. I have to agree one must be diligent in keeping the interior clean. Every time I wash the car, I check the interior, especially around the start button and the driver's door arm rest. I clean the door sill area every time with a little 409 and then rinse twice with plain water damp cloth. It looks like new. My previous Lexus LS430 had cashmere interior...and the same care kept it beautiful as well.