Key Programming Instructions For A 2002 Es300
Posted 30 August 2010 - 04:06 PM
Lexus dealer wanted $284 to make us a new master key. So, we saved about half of that fee by doing the programming part ourselves. We bought a new key off the internet and had the seller cut it for us using the original key number for our key but then we needed to program it to work with our car.
We found so many instructions on the net and tried several, but this is the combination that finally worked on our 2002 Lexus ES300. You will need to do the key programming section to get the transponder key to work to start and operate your lexus. Then you need to do the Remote Programming section to get the key to lock/unlock your doors, open your trunk, roll down the windows, etc.
Timing is critical. Works well to have one person read instructions while the other does all the steps needed to program the key.
1. Simultaneously depress and release brake and accelerator pedals 1 time.
2. Insert existing master key into the ignition. Do not turn.
3. Within 15 sec. Press and release the accelerator pedal 5 times. (not too rapidly)
4. Within 20 sec. Press and release the brake pedal 6 times.
5. Remove the key from the ignition.
6. Within 10 sec. insert the new key you want to program into the ignition.
7. Within 10 sec. press and release the accelerator pedal one time. At this time the security light starts blinking. Wait about 1 minute while it blinks.
8. After 45 sec to 1 min the security light will stop blinking and go off. When it stops blinking your key is programmed. To end programming, step on brake one time.
9. Remove new key then reinsert and try starting the car.
1. Driverís door open, all other doors closed, key removed from ignition switch.
2. Within 5 sec. insert and remove the key from the ignition switch TWICE.
3. Within 40 sec. close and open the driverís door TWICE.
4. Insert and remove the key from the ignition switch and close the driverís door.
5. Within 40 sec. close and open the driverís door TWICE.
6. Insert key into the ignition switch and close the driverís door.
7. Switch ignition ON then OFF ONE TIME- this will put the car in ADD mode for your remote and retain your original codes. (Turning the ignition ON then OFF TWO TIMES will ADD the remote but will erase all existing (codes) remotes.) (three times to check how many key remote transmitters are currently registered or 5 times to erase all registered codes.)
8. Remove the key from the ignition.
9. System should now lock and unlock vehicle. Once, twice or five times depending which mode has been selected. One to four times, slowly, to indicate number of key remote transmitters registered.
10. Within 40 sec., press and hold LOCK AND UNLOCK buttons simultaneously for 15 seconds.
11. Within 3 seconds, press and release LOCK OR UNLOCK button.
12. System should now lock and unlock vehicle once to confirm registration, twice to indicate registration has failed.
13. Within 40 seconds, repeat button procedure to program remaining key remote transmitters.
14. Exit programming mode by opening driverís door or inserting ignition key.
Your key should work as a master key at this point, just like your original. It may take several tries to get the timing correct. It is very picky about the timing. Be sure to follow the instructions exactly. If it doesn't work, just keep retrying it until it does.
Have something to contribute?
Sign in or register to start a topic...
Not what you're looking for?
Register now, we have a huge community of enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have