Any One Else Having Problems With Their Lx570?

Newlee

Hi, I was wondering if anyone else was having problems with the new LX570. My gas light goes on when I have a quarter of a tank. Anyone else having this problem?

I also have to plug in my car to a battery tender at night because Lexus says I am not driving it enough to charge all the fancy electronics on it. I went through two dead batteries before they added a trickle charger to the car. It looks funny becuase the plug hangs from the front of the grill. People ask me what that is all about and I tell them that thats the new Electric LX570... They beleive it!!

Just tell me if your happy with your LX570 or unhappy

thanks

Lee :blink:

Dear Newlee,

I too purchased a 2010 LX570. My low fuel light comes on at approx 1/4 tank and at that time it shows Distance To Empty = 8 miles. When distance to empty = 0 miles, I actuall still have almost 5 gallons left out of 24.6 gallons in total. I wrote about this in detail in a previous post on this forum. I have also noticed since that my middle seat (The larger half) rattles on certain freeways. (Depends on how far the expansion joints are from each other). I was told that this is how the seat's clamps are designed and nothing can be done or adjusted to improve this annoyance. Also, if you ever need to fold up the middle seats to carry something large, there is no place to latch the seats in a secure way in the up right position. So every time you brake, the middle seats swing and hit the rears of the front two seats. (I solved this with a $5.00 adjustable bungy cord). My rear suspension is very stiff. Furthermore, it appears to be calibrated differently than the front suspension. So on relatively small bumbps at low speeds, the front suspension works great and absorbs the impacts while the rear suspension hits the bumps and barely gives at all. I had the dealer inspect all of the above and they stated that the car is within design specs, so that's the way it is. I intend to pursue this further, but have been too busy lately. Reagrdless, it's very dissappointing! Especially since it's a lexus and an $80,000 + vehicle at that. This is not what one would expect from what is supposed to be the best SUV in the world made by the top luxury car manufacturer in the world. As to am I happy or not with this car - yes I am very happy. (Just a little dissappointed and frustrated)

My car was at the dealership for a full week while they tested the battery and electronics. Everything check out according to specs... They trot that word out a lot in explaing all the quirks with the new LX570. I almost went to lemon law court over this vehicle. Corporate didn't want to hear that. They insisted that everything was within design specs and that I would lose in court. I ended up having a pow-wow with the Service Manager who installed two after factory parts to my car. One being the plug in battery tender. The other part is mounted inside the vehicles engine compartment. Its purpose is to kill all electronics drawing from the battery if the car is parked undriven for a period of days. For example I asked the Service Manager this question. "If I go on vacation and park my car in the Airport parking garage when I returned, would the battery be dead?" He answered yes. So now I drive this big massive state of the art SUV with a plug hanging out of the front of the grill. Its very demoralizing. I would NEVER recommend this vehicle to someone else. I cant wait to get rid of it! Too many gizmo's we all dont need and the electronics are not all they are cracked up to be. But if you ask Lexus about it they will tell you that the Car is built to design specs wether they work or not.

Give me a Ford Explorer any day over this vehicle!

My car was at the dealership for a full week while they tested the battery and electronics. Everything check out according to specs... They trot that word out a lot in explaing all the quirks with the new LX570. I almost went to lemon law court over this vehicle. Corporate didn't want to hear that. They insisted that everything was within design specs and that I would lose in court. I ended up having a pow-wow with the Service Manager who installed two after factory parts to my car. One being the plug in battery tender. The other part is mounted inside the vehicles engine compartment. Its purpose is to kill all electronics drawing from the battery if the car is parked undriven for a period of days. For example I asked the Service Manager this question. "If I go on vacation and park my car in the Airport parking garage when I returned, would the battery be dead?" He answered yes. So now I drive this big massive state of the art SUV with a plug hanging out of the front of the grill. Its very demoralizing. I would NEVER recommend this vehicle to someone else. I cant wait to get rid of it! Too many gizmo's we all dont need and the electronics are not all they are cracked up to be. But if you ask Lexus about it they will tell you that the Car is built to design specs wether they work or not.

You need to go to another dealer. Any car that can't hold a charge for a week? By the way no way I would accept them putting a plug for a battery tender on my Lexus. I have one on my Harley but come on. How long have you had your Lx? By the way if you want to trade in your lx I am sure you could get a loaded exlplorer.

You need to go to another dealer. Any car that can't hold a charge for a week? By the way no way I would accept them putting a plug for a battery tender on my Lexus. I have one on my Harley but come on. How long have you had your Lx? By the way if you want to trade in your lx I am sure you could get a loaded exlplorer.

I have had my LX since last April 2009. It is leased with only 6,700 miles on it. I am going to try and get an explorer... The owner of the dealership has a Ford dealership also. I have low expectations wether they will do this or not... Wish me luck! :D

• 3 years later...

Ashron, I think it's designed that the adjustable suspension is only for the front and the rear suspension is "fixed" and cannot be adjusted (only the "low-normal-high" level can work on both the front and the rear, but the "sport-comfort" switch operates the front suspension only).

Newlee, the battery drainage is probably a common problem for GX/LX. Leaving my previous GX470 for a couple of weeks, the battery would be drained or almost drained (didn't try it with LX yet).

• 2 years later...

I have 2013 LX570 and My wife has 2014 GX460, we went for a 4 week European vacation and when we returned back both cars started as normal with no issues what so ever.

Also I am a light user of my SUV,  I drive less than 300 miles a month and no issues with battery either.

• 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

In reference to your middle seat complaint, I assume that you are using the securing straps stored under the seats in the correct way.  If you need them even tighter, run the front seats forward a few inches before you hook up the securing straps tightly, and then run the front seats back to their original positions. That will make the straps extra tight so that there will be no more banging and creaking. I know the Lexus strap system isn't elegant, but you can make it work.  I find that rolling these straps back up tightly enough to store them in their under seat storage receptacles is way harder for me than securing the tumbled forward seats with them, so when I'm not using them I just tuck them loosely under the seats.   The hooks at the ends are too big to go under the seats, though.

On 8/2/2010 at 9:09 PM, Newlee said:

For your $80K you could have a very nice new diesel crew cab pickup. With essentially every electrical gizmo and all the leather that your Lexus has. Under the Lexus plastic body cladding it's a truck as well.  Not like those puny RX's.

Have you dropped the hammer on a new Ford Explorer yet? You liking it?

• 1 year later...
On 8/2/2010 at 6:09 PM, Newlee said:

For less than $7 you can get a switch to turn of the power to your vehicle.  Put it on the +ve terminal and with a quarter turn it disconnects the power. I use it regularly when I am away for long periods.  Bought it at Wallymart.

Battery switch.jpg

I use this switch on my tractor.  For the Lexus, there would be two shortcomings. Fist would be that every time you want to turn the switch on or off, you'd have to open the hood. Second is that the battery is hidden under the engine cover.  You'd need to  remove  the cover it and replace it each time. It's held by (IIRC) 8 clips.  Otherwise you can just leave  the engine cover off.

Here's my method for maintaining the battery charge.  I use a battery tender. But instead of the Lexus way with the plug hanging out of the grille, I have installed an always-on 12V power receptacle under the dash.  The receptacle is wired directly to the battery terminals via a wire running through the firewall.  if the LX is going to be parked outside, I put my Battery Tender brand solar panel on the dash, and plug it in to the receptacle.  If the LX is indoors, I use a standard battery tender with a cigarette lighter plug and run the cord from the battery tenderunder the driver's door seal.