AdBlock Warning

Parts of this website do not function properly with AdBlock enabled on your device. To get the best user experience on our website, please disable Adblock for this website (domain) on your browser.

Dan.Mtl

Transmission Oil In Rx350

I have 2010 RX350 and I noticed that tere is no transmission oil level stick to be found in the engine compartment.

I asked the "tech. advisor" at the dealership and he told me the transmission is sealed and there is no need for oil to be added for the life of the car...

I find that to be not a very logical answer.

Does anybody here know if there is a more logical answer to this question?

Thanks for your help.

I have 2010 RX350 and I noticed that tere is no transmission oil level stick to be found in the engine compartment.

I asked the "tech. advisor" at the dealership and he told me the transmission is sealed and there is no need for oil to be added for the life of the car...

Thanks for your help.

My BMW X5 is the same...supposed to be lifetime fluid? They have now started reccomending it be changed I think at 100k miles. They drop the pan and fill from under the car. I assume it would be the same on the new Lexus?

Thanks for your help.

I wrote Lexus Canada and the aswer was: the car equiped with a WS type transmission fluid that doesn't need to be changed, but the dealer has ways of checking the fluid level during maintenence work.