95 Misfire/hesitation While Accelerating

My 1995 LS400 just started jumping under normal acceleration, it feels like its misfiring. This only happens when the car is at normal operating temperature and under light accel , the car runs fine when cold or 70%+ throttle. The check engine light has not come on so cant get a code.

The plugs and wires were changed about 20k ago, the only thing i can think of is I ran the car out of gas (coasted into the gas station) about 2 months ago but it hasnt shown any problems until today so im not sure if thats even related.

Any suggestions would be appreciated, the car is parked until I can figure out whats wrong because I dont want anything to get damaged any further.

There's a problem with the air/fuel mix. This could be indeed related to the 'running out of gas'.

- clogged fuel filter (caused by debris from bottom tank)

- Dirty fuel injectors

- your MAF sensor is slightly off, caused by air impurities, still not enough (yet) to set off faultcodes.

- Sparks and wiring you checked, I assume these are OK.

Although I have not any experience myself re. cleaner additives, some book good results with them, so it might be a try. Perhaps other members can share their experience and thoughts re. cleaners and results.