Wiper Delay/rainsensor

Dr.Gee

• 2 weeks later...

I have 2 ,2006s.in both,this feature no longer works.just low and high.

Easy fix?

Common problem?

Could you tell me if the toggle s/w for the rain sensor is in Auto Mode. Also sometimes if the sensor which is stuck to the windscreen, there is a tape which holds it together P/n 89944-50010, costs 10 bucks i assume, so maybe the glue is weak have them replaced, it works.

• 1 month later...

I have 2 ,2006s.in both,this feature no longer works.just low and high.

Easy fix?

Common problem?

Could you tell me if the toggle s/w for the rain sensor is in Auto Mode. Also sometimes if the sensor which is stuck to the windscreen, there is a tape which holds it together P/n 89944-50010, costs 10 bucks i assume, so maybe the glue is weak have them replaced, it works.

Where is the toggle switch located?

The toggle he is referring to is the windshield wiper stalk...or arm. The main on/off for windshield wiper. I think all the way up is off, down 1 auto, down 1 low...so on.

The toggle he is referring to is the windshield wiper stalk...or arm. The main on/off for windshield wiper. I think all the way up is off, down 1 auto, down 1 low...so on.

Thanks .do you know where the sensor is located on the windshield ? Is it in front of the rear view?

Thanks .do you know where the sensor is located on the windshield ? Is it in front of the rear view?

Yes I think it is in front of the rear view mirror.

That's correct. Also look at the sensitivity settings. Could be set to the least sensitivity thus requiring a lot more water to make the wipers turn on.

• 3 months later...

Is there a diagnostic tool for this?both sensors appear well attached.have checked all of the wiper settings.any other thoughts before taking them into the dealer?

If the wiper control stalk is in the "on" position,(first notch down), and the delay setting ring around the stalk has been turned to different settings,and the rain sensor is firmly stuck to the glass, and the windshield wipers work in the other 2 positions, you have pretty much exhausted all possible operating issues. The sensor may be bad. There is no diagnostic codes to my knowledge. Open your wallet and see your dealer. Faster and will fix the problem.

Paul

The sensor does not get activated if you toggle the s/w, the function of the sensor is only when there is incessant rain showers on the front windscreen,and the toggle is on Auto mode wherein the sensor gets activated, the manual operation is via the toggle switch. I hope this clear you doubt on the functionality of the sensor.