Brake Pads For Es330. What To Get?

hi,

What kind of brake pads you can recommend to replace old?

From what web site to buy it?

I have 60k mi on my es330 and above 2mm on pads.

I don't want to wait for 1.6mm and want to replace all pads at once.

Should I look at OEM only? Or there are newer, better pads?

tnx

hi,

tnx

I'm also using the Autozone gold Pads they work very well with this car...No problems and great stopping!

hi,

tnx

You're going to want to stay with GENUINE pads if you want the utmost in quality - the only thing that even comes close are United Linings available from NAPA auto parts - by the way...if you're planning on just installing pads and not resurfacing rotors then count on the brakes not "biting" like they should also be ready for noise no matter what brand of pad you use.

hi,

tnx

The later models have less and less in common with the Camry though. Even if the pads on the ES330 are interchangable I believe the Lexus pads have a softer compound to ensure smoother and quieter operation.

For instance Lexus and Toyota wiper blades aren't the same composition. They will work obviously but the quality isn't the same.

Actually i just did my pad replacing while i had the wheels off to paint the calipers and disk edge (looks total wow now hehe bye bye rust)

I bought ceramic pads that were not OEM at all. cost me like 22 bucks for each set, front and back.

Still have the boxes in my trunk actually. when i go outside later ill grab them to post up the info. Im all for paying for quality, but when something is cheaper and it works just as well (my car stops hard when i slam the brakes for instance) I dont see why i need to spend money on formula 1 quality pads :P

Self install. slight annoyance of them not "quite' fitting into the snap in slot tabs. dremel fixed that in 2 seconds with a grind tool to scrape a tad off one tab. didnt have to remove much at all and typing this makes it sound worst than it was lol, anyways...

They dont make any noise at all, and were a decent ez mode change. had these same pads actually on my other ES and never had any problems either. just apply the grease, slap them in, done and done.

I'll update the post in a little while. :)

Ah SW, noted ;)

Tho ive been using these same pads for like 3 years now, 4-5 swaps per car, and havent touched the rotors yet. regardless, thanks for the info.

I got the box, the ones i use are called ProMax ceramic pads. ordered them from my local autoshop. 22 bucks a set with tax.

http://www.autopartsdepot.ca/ceramicdiscbrakes.shtml

Info is info, work fine for my old 95 and my current 98 ES. :)