Lexus Powertrain Warranty

Hello To All:

I am new to this forum and am thinking about buying a used 2004/2005 GX470 from Lexus of Merrillville, IN.

They have a lifetime powertrain warranty on certain vehicles under 100K miles that seems very legit, but I do not know anything about them, etc. Cannot find any complaints on the Web, so just would like to know if any of you have heard anything good/bad about this dealership's warranty. Have not made a deal yet...kind of nervous!!

Need help if you can! Thanks!

• 4 months later...

Be careful with warranties. I got a very dispointing experience in Europe. I purchased an extended warranty after expiry of 3 years. My Rx400h broke down when driving at high speed. The power was lost I could barley managed to pull down without accident. Toyota Assitance performed reluctantly and I was almost left at the middle of nothing. Later on Lexus told me the hybrid part was not covered by extended warranty and the repair would cost some $ 7,000. The broshure of extended warranty lists as covered: electrical parts...