Brake Rotor Minimum Thickness

Where can I find the min. front brake rotor thickness for my 2007 IS 350? Any suggestions are appreciated.

I had my IS350 serviced at the local dealer this week. Their recommended minimum for front rotors is 27mm (mine are at 28.6mm after being turned). I don't know if this is the Lexus recommended minimum or just my local dealer. Suggest you call a dealer and ask.

Where can I find the min. front brake rotor thickness for my 2007 IS 350? Any suggestions are appreciated.

I had my IS350 serviced at the local dealer this week. Their recommended minimum for front rotors is 27mm (mine are at 28.6mm after being turned). I don't know if this is the Lexus recommended minimum or just my local dealer. Suggest you call a dealer and ask.

According to the 2007 Lexus IS Repair Manual, here's the following specs:

For 2GR-FSE:

- Minimum disc thickness is 27.0 mm (1.063 in.) on the front and 16.5 mm (0.650 in.) on the rear.

For 4GR-FSE:

- Minimum disc thickness is 25.0 mm (0.983 in.) on the front and 8.5 mm (0.334) on the rear.

You'll have to check your owners manual to see which one applies to you (i.e., 2GR vs 4GR), however, I believe the 2GR applies to the 350 and the 4GR applies to 250 but don't quote me on that. Again, these are the specs in the OEM 2007 Lexus Repair manual that applies to the 2007 and the 2006. Don't know if there were any changes on the 08s and up.