Check System / Tire

I had my rear passenger rim sent out for repair after hitting that pothole. The tire shop put on a spare that it smaller than the rest of my tires. About 30 min. after driving on the spare the 'Check System' light went on along w/the tire icon. Is it safe to assume everything is okay and the system just recognizes that one of the tires is not in sync with the rest or could it be a more serious issue?

My original rim is due back in about 2 weeks.

I had my rear passenger rim sent out for repair after hitting that pothole. The tire shop put on a spare that it smaller than the rest of my tires. About 30 min. after driving on the spare the 'Check System' light went on along w/the tire icon. Is it safe to assume everything is okay and the system just recognizes that one of the tires is not in sync with the rest or could it be a more serious issue?

My original rim is due back in about 2 weeks.

You know, I don't know if there is a TPMS sensor in the spare or not. For some reason I don't think there is. Which would explain the warning light.

Well here's the thing. When I initially went over the pothole my front driver's side tire went flat immediately so I had to put the Lexus spare on for a few days. The 'check system' light never went on the entire time. Now I have a spare on the passenger side rear because that rim had to be sent out for repair and the 'check system' light has been on the entire time. Strange it didn't go on with the Lexus spare?

Well here's the thing. When I initially went over the pothole my front driver's side tire went flat immediately so I had to put the Lexus spare on for a few days. The 'check system' light never went on the entire time. Now I have a spare on the passenger side rear because that rim had to be sent out for repair and the 'check system' light has been on the entire time. Strange it didn't go on with the Lexus spare?

There's no sensor in the spare. You will have the light on until the original sensor and wheel is reinstalled.

BTW: The donut spare is only intended for 50 miles at 50 MPH or less.