06 Gs300 Tire Pressure Warning Check System

I recently had my CHECK SYSTEM light *yellow* come on with the exclamation point *tire pressure*. On the right side, the red triangle light with the exclamation point is on as well. The yellow tire pressure light just keeps blinking.

ANYONE have this problem? Resolution? Dealer didn't know what was wrong either. This is ridiculous.

I just had the tire pressure light on too. If you have a low tire and fix the problem, it should go out in about a mile or so. Mine did when I filled the low tire. BUT, it went on again and it turned out I have a hairline crack on the inside of my right rear rim :( I took it to a wheel dealer and they said I must have run over a pot hole in the rain. Turns out the rim also got a bit out of round, but they said they could fix it all for $135.

I'm not sure how the tire pressure sensors work, but they gave me an ugly wheel and tire as a loner, and they said I should ignore the light as it did not have a sensor. With the loner wheel I do not get the light????

I get the wheel back mon or tue. hope there are no surprises!

I just had the tire pressure light on too. If you have a low tire and fix the problem, it should go out in about a mile or so. Mine did when I filled the low tire. BUT, it went on again and it turned out I have a hairline crack on the inside of my right rear rim :( I took it to a wheel dealer and they said I must have run over a pot hole in the rain. Turns out the rim also got a bit out of round, but they said they could fix it all for $135.

I'm not sure how the tire pressure sensors work, but they gave me an ugly wheel and tire as a loner, and they said I should ignore the light as it did not have a sensor. With the loner wheel I do not get the light????

I get the wheel back mon or tue. hope there are no surprises!

hmmm...thanks for the response and do let me know what happens to you. you would think for a 60K vehicle, they can give you more of a response than 'just ignore the blinking light' !!!!!!!

• 2 weeks later...

There is a switch under the glove box that you can toggle and it should fix your problem. it can possibly be hit by a passengers foot or in my case it was probably my fiance's purse. No more check system light or exclamation mark.

• 11 years later...
On 2/24/2010 at 2:04 PM, Lillo said:

There is a switch under the glove box that you can toggle and it should fix your problem. it can possibly be hit by a passengers foot or in my case it was probably my fiance's purse. No more check system light or exclamation mark.

You Sir, are a genius! God bless you  

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

Vehicles have a reset button for when the tires are rotated. Say you have the system that reads all four (or five) monitors and provides a reading for each one, when the front tire is now on the back the restet button makes sure the tire now on the rear is being read by the monitor system in the correct location. 

Modern vehicles with full sized spares have a 5th pressure monitor. That can be a pain if you swap a leaker for the spare and the system still thinks the leaker is one of the four primaries. Again the reset button causes the car to disregard the leaker since it's no longer one of the four primaries. 

My bosses wife had a vehicle with just the yellow dash light and not the readout per wheel. The spare tire kept throwing a low pressure code even though it held air just fine. Key word is had……