Anyone Using German Castrol In Their Rx 330?

lexus114

I`m thinking about trying it in my 05. I tried it in my 01 RX 300,and the cold engine performance seemed to suffer a little. The 330 is supposed to have better oil passages etc. what do you guy`s think?

I`m thinking about trying it in my 05. I tried it in my 01 RX 300,and the cold engine performance seemed to suffer a little. The 330 is supposed to have better oil passages etc. what do you guy`s think?

Just curious: why would you want to try German Castrol oil when so many good oils (syn. & dino) are available here?

Just curious: why would you want to try German Castrol oil when so many good oils (syn. & dino) are available here?

Honestly, the fact that these motors are a hot running motor. And I like the idea of the added protection the GC offers. I`m using PP (Pennzoil Platinum) right now. Then I might try it. The people in the first generation RX swear by it.

With Toyota moving towards lighter weight oils (i.e. 5W20), I would stay with 5W30 PP, but I only run Syntec in my A4, not our RX330. I think the only difference you might notice is a bit lower mpg. Either are excellent oils.

My thought process: With Syntec 0W30's 100cst at 12.1 and PP's 100cst at 10.3, I would stay with PP. A 40 weight's oil is 12.5 at 100cst; A 30 weight's oil is 9.3 at 100cst. So, Syntec is almost a 40 weight oil and PP is low-to-mid 30 weight.

Again, just my $.02, since I run PP in our RX. YMMV.

With Toyota moving towards lighter weight oils (i.e. 5W20), I would stay with 5W30 PP, but I only run Syntec in my A4, not our RX330. I think the only difference you might notice is a bit lower mpg. Either are excellent oils.

My thought process: With Syntec 0W30's 100cst at 12.1 and PP's 100cst at 10.3, I would stay with PP. A 40 weight's oil is 12.5 at 100cst; A 30 weight's oil is 9.3 at 100cst. So, Syntec is almost a 40 weight oil and PP is low-to-mid 30 weight.

Good point newton. Are you a BITOGER TOO/..... :D

Good point newton. Are you a BITOGER TOO/..... :D

Sure enough, since Jan 03.

Using Amsoil 0W 30 synthetic & Amsoil EAO oil filters. & I get fantastic fuel economy & engine protection. More info here...

http://www.amsoil.com/storefront/sso.aspx

http://www.amsoil.com/storefront/eao.aspx

:cheers:

Right,but the GC is almost a 40 weight. With a CST of 12.1

Using Amsoil 0W 30 synthetic & Amsoil EAO oil filters. & I get fantastic fuel economy & engine protection. More info here...

Which makes sense, the Amsoil viscosity @ 100cst is 10.3, same as PP. Agreed, Amsoil is an excellent oil, as is PP.

Last UOA I had with PP and a Mobil 1 EP filter (5,000 mile interval) showed excellent wear.