Part Numbers + Mapping To Toyota

rtd111

If it matters, I have an LS400, 1991, 172K miles

I found http://www.toyodiy.com/parts/ for my part numbers. When I go to a Toyota parts site, I don't get any hits, though I am pretty certain there is an equiv number for most of the common parts. A good example is the Oil Filter: 90915‑20002 maps to 90915-YZZD3

Specifically, I am looking to replace my timing belt, water pump, et al. I want to use OEM parts. I found the numbers on the toyodiy site and would like to know how I can get these from a Toyota dealer (and not a Lexus dealer, for obvious reasons).

Any ideas?

Net net: anyone know Toyota part numbers for 91 LS400 for all the timing belt components (belt, idler, ...) and water pump?

Thanks in advance.

Your question has been asked many times but I don't remember anyone finding much of a correlation between pre-1998 Lexus LS parts and Toyota brand parts. Of course there is a lot of correlation between parts on the ES and Camry.

There are a number of engine parts -- such as the idler and tensioner -- that are the same on the 98-00 Lexus LS400 and the 98-00 Toyota Landcruiser -- probably because the 4.7 litre V8 was used in the Landcruiser beginning with the 98 model year.

But even on the parts shared between the 98-00 LS and 98-00 Landcruiser, discount on-line parts sellers like parts.com sell the parts for the same prices regardless if you look up the parts in the Toyota or Lexus sections of their catalog.

I think the 90915‑20002 part number may have been for the Toyota/Lexus V8 engine oil filter way back when it was manufactured in Japan. The 90915-YZZD3 part number is for the oil filter when production of it was moved to Thailand.

We've had a 98 Camry for nearly 13 years so I'm occasionally in a nearby Toyota dealer buying stuff for it. The Toyota parts guy tried several times to get parts for the 90 LS I used to have but never had any luck -- except for oil filters and oil plug gaskets since the 98-up Landcruiser V8 uses the same oil filter and most (all?) Toyota and Lexus cars use the same oil plug and oil plug gasket. The last several 10-packs of oil filters with 10 oil plug gasket for our LS400s have cost $40 at the Toyota dealer. I remember back in the early 90's when the local Lexus dealer was charging about $13 each for the same (but with the 90915‑20002 part number) oil filter.

I do remember my 90 LS using one part that a Toyota Supra also used but I can't remember which year Supra -- the part was a horn relay.