93' Es300 Cd Changer Issues

ikickass

Just recently the cd changer in my 93 es300 started having issues playing cds. After some playing around it turns out its only burned cds that have issues and regular store bought cds work just fine. Any ideas on what might cause this? and how can I go about fixing it?

I find it funny that the car has gone anti-piracy on me.

Just recently the cd changer in my 93 es300 started having issues playing cds. After some playing around it turns out its only burned cds that have issues and regular store bought cds work just fine. Any ideas on what might cause this? and how can I go about fixing it?

I find it funny that the car has gone anti-piracy on me.

This may help. I have a 2002 es and when I burned cds on a rewritable cd they would not play. When I switched to CD-R, then everything was fine. Just a suggestion. Good luck.

I think this is a pretty common issue with the 2nd generation ES (with CD changer mounted in the trunk). I've read a number of similar posts regarding this, and I have experienced it myself.

I've also discovered that using it in colder weather can cause "ERR" to show up in the display more frequently. I tried cleaning the laser head with a CD cleaning disc and it seemed to make some difference, but I still get errors from time to time, especially when playing home recorded CDs.

But to be honest, I don't use the CD changer all that much these days since I more often than not listen to my MP3 player through the car's stereo system instead.