Engine Compartment Side Cover 2008 Is 250

How do I remove the Inner (closest to the engine) screw that attaches the side engine compartment cover? The other fasteners are the push through type. Manual says to turn the single screw type fastener counter clock wise and that will loosten the fastener but I am unable to remove the cover from that point.

Second question. The salesman that sold me the car said that the car did not have a timing belt. True or false?

How do I remove the Inner (closest to the engine) screw that attaches the side engine compartment cover? The other fasteners are the push through type. Manual says to turn the single screw type fastener counter clock wise and that will loosten the fastener but I am unable to remove the cover from that point.

Second question. The salesman that sold me the car said that the car did not have a timing belt. True or false?

Not sure about the engine compartment cover, but as to the timing belt, I found this:

Timing Belt (except GS 300 and IS)

Replace every 90,000 miles or 108 months. A qualified

technician should perform this operation. (The GS 300

and IS are equipped with a timing chain, which

requires no periodic inspection.)

Here:

Owner's Manual Scheduled Service PDF

On this thread:

Owner's Manual downloads

IMHO, all vehicles should be manufactured with timing chains, rather than belts, but there is that whole 'planned obsolescence' thing that makes the dealers so much money.

Cheers!

Keep turning that fastener counter clockwise maybe three or four turns till it feels pretty wobbly and then just jerk it up smartly and it should come right off. To replace push it down firmly and then turn clockwise a few turns. It really never tightens like a regular screw.

Not sure about the engine compartment cover, but as to the timing belt, I found this:

Timing Belt (except GS 300 and IS)

Replace every 90,000 miles or 108 months. A qualified

technician should perform this operation. (The GS 300

and IS are equipped with a timing chain, which

requires no periodic inspection.)

Here:

Owner's Manual Scheduled Service PDF

On this thread:

Owner's Manual downloads

IMHO, all vehicles should be manufactured with timing chains, rather than belts, but there is that whole 'planned obsolescence' thing that makes the dealers so much money.

Cheers!

Keep turning that fastener counter clockwise maybe three or four turns till it feels pretty wobbly and then just jerk it up smartly and it should come right off. To replace push it down firmly and then turn clockwise a few turns. It really never tightens like a regular screw.