2010 Lexus Rx350 Navigation

energie8

• 4 weeks later...
Hi, I was wondering how do I take the DVD navigation disc out of my 2010 RX350?thanks

Does anyone know of hacks for the 2010 RX Nav system, similar to the overide for ES 350 utilizing map versions earlier than 6.0?

There is a 3rd part that offers a toggle switch ($300) that tricks the system into thinking it is not moving which permits full function as if you were standing still.

• 2 weeks later...
Hi, I was wondering how do I take the DVD navigation disc out of my 2010 RX350?thanks

Does anyone know of hacks for the 2010 RX Nav system, similar to the overide for ES 350 utilizing map versions earlier than 6.0?

There is a 3rd part that offers a toggle switch ($300) that tricks the system into thinking it is not moving which permits full function as if you were standing still.

Just yesterday I attempted to use the voice commands to control the nav system in the 2010 RX. SWEET!!! It worked spectacularly and I was able to reset destinations while rolling. Hack not necessary.

i have to say that the NAV on the Lexus rally blows compared to the Nuvi

no matter if I select Quick or Short, it always want to put you onto the highway.

My Nuvi always picks the best possible routes, I don't understand why the Lexus can't.

For example, yesterday I missed a turn due to the lack of intuitiveness of the Lexus nav and instead of telling me to make a u-turn,

it reroutes me around the friggin mountain to the otherside. I thought maybe it's a new route I didn't know about, it took an extra 5 minutes.

The Nuvi would've told me to make a u-turn.

What's the deal?

It also doesn't tell me that it's rerouting.

Spending over 2K on a NAV that performs worse than my 200 NUvi is crap and yet when you buy a new car, it's always bundled together with other stuff you want.

I'm sure many others agree.

Sorry for the digression.

• Like 1

no matter if I select Quick or Short, it always want to put you onto the highway.

My Nuvi always picks the best possible routes, I don't understand why the Lexus can't.

For example, yesterday I missed a turn due to the lack of intuitiveness of the Lexus nav and instead of telling me to make a u-turn,

it reroutes me around the friggin mountain to the otherside. I thought maybe it's a new route I didn't know about, it took an extra 5 minutes.

What's the deal?

Spending over 2K on a NAV that performs worse than my 200 NUvi is crap and yet when you buy a new car, it's always bundled together with other stuff you want.

I guess that since you are not driving a 2010 model (your profile says RX300) you're not really able to make an informed comparison regarding the current system and your "NUvi." I suspect the 2010 Nav system is considerably improved over a system offered in a car approaching perhaps 10 years old. :rolleyes:

• 6 months later...

I'm guessing that the 2010 Rx 350 and 450h Nav systems are the same?

Anyways, I would like to find the hack and the "secret" menu...but from what I've researched there is no such thing unless (possibly) I want to spend a bunch of money for an aftermarket product. Does anyone have any good ideas? I'd be happy with either the in-motion DVD (for passengers) or Nav hack. Thanks!

ps-

And I do prefer my Nuvi to the Lexus Nav for a number of reasons...route calculations tell me what time I'll arrive, I can permanently and easily set avoid (or not) tolls/U-turns/HOV/etc, new destinations while driving, voice overide for Nav/stereo, icon manipulation, audio book integration, easy POI searching, etc. I'm getting used to the nav system and just finished reading the whole manual, but it's not as intuitive...plus the XM traffic updates which is apparently the ONLY option are EXPENSIVE!! I bought the lifetime traffic updates for my Nuvi and it integrates it so efficiently (not always correct, but helps most of the time).

• 2 weeks later...

What's the deal?

I guess that since you are not driving a 2010 model (your profile says RX300) you're not really able to make an informed comparison regarding the current system and your "NUvi." I suspect the 2010 Nav system is considerably improved over a system offered in a car approaching perhaps 10 years old. :rolleyes:

The new one is just as poor. There are many areas that the system will not navigate to. It is incredible that a $2000. system does not have as good a database as a simple handheld unit from WalMart. Lexus should be ashamed to offer such a poor product.

The new one is just as poor. There are many areas that the system will not navigate to. It is incredible that a $2000. system does not have as good a database as a simple handheld unit from WalMart. Lexus should be ashamed to offer such a poor product.

I agree the whole user interface with Nav and the sound system sucks. It's like it's patched together and wasn't put out for users to test. I just got my new buyer survey from Lexus and listed issues until I ran out of the allowed space.

• 4 weeks later...

What's the deal?

I agree, I have a 2010 and the nav is very poor. I've had better nav on my old touareg. Seriously, you pay so much money to get this extra and its sometime's almost worthless. People driving in my car can't believe how "stupid" it is. Lexus should be ashamed.

I agree, I have a 2010 and the nav is very poor. I've had better nav on my old touareg. Seriously, you pay so much money to get this extra and its sometime's almost worthless. People driving in my car can't believe how "stupid" it is. Lexus should be ashamed.

"+1", meaning "I agree". The Lexus nav system does not perform anywhere close to as well as my old dash-mount Garmin Nüvi 650.

• 1 year later...

In my opinion, the biggest pain with the Lexus Navi system is the motion lockout. If I am driving with a passenger, why can't my passenger enter a destination safely?

Other than that, it is no better or worst than any other build in Navi system. Acura/Honda has one of the best Navi system on the market in my opinion and the German's Navi need some work.

Handheld will always be better than build in, thats all they do, and they dont have to integrate it into a certain model of car, so their market is a 1000 times bigger, thats why they can sell their system so cheap and offer more festures.

• 1 year later...

I too observed this problem. It always takes you through toll roads even though you disallow the Toll roads.

When I called the helpline .. he says that the system maps are such.. take it or leave it .. I now have to depend on my old Garmin GPS which is much better..

I don't know what is the use of spending so much money on it .. :wacko:

• 2 years later...

I have voice that have on my 2015, it is dismal, compared to my 2013 Garmin Nuvi.  Only wish there were someplace the place the Nuvi on my dashboard where it wouldn't interfere with anything, the level, and have its touchscreen easily accessible. If it did I would never use the Lexus navigation system again.