#1 apeas2

apeas2

New Club Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts
  • Model: RX330

Posted 23 January 2004 - 08:52 PM

Well, it is winter here now in MD. We have had our car for about 8 months. Since the beginning of the winter, there has been ALOT of noise, crackling and popping from the dash. If you look closely, its more of a 1 piece cover that rests on top covering the airbags. If you reach forward to the windshield and press down, you will see the movement as it is sort of floating. When the car flexes, theres the noise. We had it in the dealership once, and they might have made it worse. Needless to say, I am *BLEEP*ed. What a HORRIBLE design. We will go back to the dealership next week.....Any others have dash noise?

Have something to contribute?

Sign in or register to start a topic...

#2 starforce

starforce

New Club Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 10 posts
  • Model: RX 330

Posted 24 January 2004 - 09:10 AM

It just started for me. I know taking it in won't help. This is the worst car I have ever owned. I mean it. There shouldn't be crackling and popping from the dashboard. Still frustrate me that so many Car magazines rated this a great car when clearly it isnt.

#3 jazzfaninutah

jazzfaninutah

New Club Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts
  • Model: 2004 RX330

Posted 27 January 2004 - 12:08 PM

I just took my 2004 RX330 in because of dash noise. The dealer had it for a day and fixed the problem. Must have experience with others.

#4 apeas2

apeas2

New Club Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 27 January 2004 - 07:17 PM

Would you mind posting exactly what your dealership did OR a contact name and number at your dealership so my dealership can fix my noise? Thanks! Alan

#5 jazzfaninutah

jazzfaninutah

New Club Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts
  • Model: 2004 RX330

Posted 28 January 2004 - 02:11 PM

I was told they took the dash off and placed foam under all contact points (I'm sure it was more complicated). As I mentioned, they did fix the "sporadic" problem, so I am very happy. It was done at Larry H Miller Lexus in Salt Lake City.

#6 apeas2

apeas2

New Club Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 09 February 2004 - 10:01 AM

Heres the scoop,

Our RX is at the dealer now for dash rattle/noise again. It now sems Lexus has identified the issues (and there are alot in the dash) and have told dealers how to fix the rattle/noise. It will be a TSB but is not yet, but all the dealers know how to fix it. My dealership has already fixed a few. Make sure you have a "master tech" do the job as the dashboard comes out. I will post an update towards the end of the week as to how the fix is. My service manager was not sure if the production lines have started to add the fix yet.

#7 apeas2

apeas2

New Club Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 11 February 2004 - 04:38 PM

unbelievable!! They got all the rattles, cracks pops etc....Thank goodness LEXUS told the dealers how to fix it, but shame on them for poor quality issues. My dealer in MD took 2 days to do the job, and I told them about the new mudguards. When my wife piced the RX up, they had ordered them and installed them for FREE!!!! So, a very good dealer experience. If your RX dash is not noisy, it will get there, especially when its cold. The RX loaner they gave us had worse dash noise than us. Spread the word......

#8 SW03ES

SW03ES

Official LOC Detailaholic

• Management
  • 18,612 posts
  • Model: GS350 AWD Lux
  • Year: 2013
Contributor

Posted 11 February 2004 - 06:07 PM

Eh, its a new model, at least they identified the problem and fixed it.

#9 tds

tds

Club Member

• PipPip
  • 79 posts

Posted 11 February 2004 - 09:49 PM

The dash in my 2001 RX300 squeaks and rattles too. They had the problem in the RX300 and they still have it in the RX330. You would think they figured out how to fix this by now!!!

#10 SW03ES

SW03ES

Official LOC Detailaholic

• Management
  • 18,612 posts
  • Model: GS350 AWD Lux
  • Year: 2013
Contributor

Posted 11 February 2004 - 11:27 PM

Apparently they have, check with your Lexus dealer and see what they can do.

#11 blackphantom

blackphantom

New Club Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 26 February 2004 - 02:34 PM

Have dash noise, sounds like plastic snapping, when crossing tar strips, frost heaves, etc. Dealer had the car two days. Noise not as bad, but still there.

Also have considerable wind and tire noise. Not quite at all, despite magazine tests to the contrary.

#12 starforce

starforce

New Club Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 10 posts
  • Model: RX 330

Posted 01 March 2004 - 07:33 PM

I have taken my car in 3 times with no luck as of yet. Even with the COWL kit. How can a car like this get ouf of Quality Control with such a problem?

#13 bv2000

bv2000

New Club Member

• Pip
  • 4 posts
  • Model: 2004 RX 330

Posted 30 March 2004 - 01:13 PM

i have had the RX330 noise as well, The car has been in 5 times for the noises - totaling over 3 weeks. I have filed for a new car under the NYS Lemon Law. Everyone should be doing this.

#14 measureman

measureman

New Club Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts
  • Model: RX 300

Posted 02 April 2004 - 10:49 AM

Well, it is winter here now in MD. We have had our car for about 8 months. Since the beginning of the winter, there has been ALOT of noise, crackling and popping from the dash. If you look closely, its more of a 1 piece cover that rests on top covering the airbags. If you reach forward to the windshield and press down, you will see the movement as it is sort of floating. When the car flexes, theres the noise. We had it in the dealership once, and they might have made it worse. Needless to say, I am *BLEEP*ed. What a HORRIBLE design. We will go back to the dealership next week.....Any others have dash noise?

I have a 2001 RX 300. Every now and then I hear a noise that sounds like a relay clicking. Is this the type of noise or sound that everyone else is talking about. I just want to be sure its not the beginning of a short.

#15 2GZ

2GZ

Club Member

• PipPip
  • 26 posts

Posted 02 April 2004 - 01:38 PM

HERE'S THE REAR SCOOP, NOT THE JUNK YOU HAVE ALL REAR ABOUT.....
TAKE IT FROM ME, NOT ONLY AN OWNER BUT AN EMPLOYEE...
THERE IS A FIX, HAVE CONFIDENCE, THE NOISE ONLY OCCURS OR SHOULD
I SAY STARTS TO OCCUR WHEN THE TEMPS DROP, SO FACTORY TESTING
IS NOT THE REAL ANSWER, HOWEVER 100'S OF CARS HAVE BEEN FIXED
RELAX, THERE ARE WORSE THINGS!!!

Have something to contribute?

Sign in or register to start a topic...

Not what you're looking for?

Register now, we have a huge community of enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have