Removing Small Dents

So I noticed the first Dent in my GS. It is in the passenger side C-pillar. Very small, no idea how it got there. Its the size of a golf ball & caused a very subtle crease/indent along side of it.

Has anyone tried these methods? Ive got everything on hand and thought I would give it a try before seeking a prof....however I did not want to risk more damage before I ran this process past you all.

Use a hair dryer to heat the area evenly for a full minute. While the dent is still warm, hold a can of compressed air upside down and spray the dent with compressed air. Allow a minute for the dent to pop out on its own. Repeat if necessary. Wipe away the residue with a soft, nonabrasive cloth.

OR

Place a piece of aluminum foil over the dent and heat it with a lighter for 30 seconds. Quickly remove the foil and spray with an can of compressed air held upside down. The dent should pop out on its own within a minute. Repeat if necessary. Wipe the area with a soft cloth to remove any residue.

It is nothing major...most people would prolly miss it as you can only see it at certain angles....but still i want it gone!

Regards.

So I noticed the first Dent in my GS. It is in the passenger side C-pillar. Very small, no idea how it got there. Its the size of a golf ball & caused a very subtle crease/indent along side of it.

Has anyone tried these methods? Ive got everything on hand and thought I would give it a try before seeking a prof....however I did not want to risk more damage before I ran this process past you all.

Use a hair dryer to heat the area evenly for a full minute. While the dent is still warm, hold a can of compressed air upside down and spray the dent with compressed air. Allow a minute for the dent to pop out on its own. Repeat if necessary. Wipe away the residue with a soft, nonabrasive cloth.

OR

Place a piece of aluminum foil over the dent and heat it with a lighter for 30 seconds. Quickly remove the foil and spray with an can of compressed air held upside down. The dent should pop out on its own within a minute. Repeat if necessary. Wipe the area with a soft cloth to remove any residue.

It is nothing major...most people would prolly miss it as you can only see it at certain angles....but still i want it gone!

Regards.

long long time ago...in a galaxy far away...I tried the heat and then cold compressed air....it didnt work.... wasted my damm money...and time...however i tried it on my other car not the Lexus, since I have no dent on the Lexus. give it a try it might work for you, and if it does post some pictures.....but you wont damage the area....

Edited by SW03ES
Repaired quote tags

Here's some ideas: http://toolmonger.com/2009/10/09/reader-qu...trick/#comments

I haven't tried any of those. Can it be accessed from the inside of the car after removing trim? I don't know if the c-pillar has access holes?

I gave the lighter / comp duster a try the other night. While there is still a small dent, I would say it was a 60-80% fix. I can still catch a slight indent, but as of right now, for the time/cost factor I am quite happy.

Regards

I gave the lighter / comp duster a try the other night. While there is still a small dent, I would say it was a 60-80% fix. I can still catch a slight indent, but as of right now, for the time/cost factor I am quite happy.

Regards

Cool! Thanks for the update. :cheers: