570 09 Model Navi Hdd Cracked Open

570, model 2009, imported from Canada to Europe.

HDD navi system with american maps, not the best for driving in europe.

First attemp to explore the HDD was a failure, it's password locked.

I had the alternative to use a logic analyzer OR bypass the lock by other means.

Now, lock is bypassed. HDD was read and a backup made.

Blending DVD maps into the system failed to produce results.

System booted but refused any navi function, said "can not read map data please consult your dealer".

It was reverted to original state from backup. Operational, albeit still in american mode.

No hidden files, all fat32 partitions, no easter eggs or other "niceties".

I have the complete listing of all files in both 4 partitions, roughly they look like this:

-A gracenote dedicated partition, aka. cd titles and more database.

-Another one for eventual music and other DVD jukebox recordings

-Sort of diag's partition with it's own LOADING.kwi, contains something that looks like a key-crypto data file.

-The NAVI's partition with maps and all, of a quite unusual structure, in any case not comparable to the structure of my 2004 RAV4 dvd.

If interest, I can post the complete listing (308 items, roughly 20k of text).

Backup is 8GB+, no means to electronically mail it with ease. DVD's can do by normal mail.

Aim is to substitute original american maps with european ones..

Lexus dealerships are of no help. They simply don't care of cars other than the ones they sell. A typicall toyota problem.

Furthermore, at the time of writing this, HDD systems are not officially introduced in Europe.

Any hands rise for teamship & collaboration ?

Ok, I know better I'd be hacking an airbus, but, never the less I give it a try.

LB

• 6 months later...

570, model 2009, imported from Canada to Europe.

HDD navi system with american maps, not the best for driving in europe.

First attemp to explore the HDD was a failure, it's password locked.

I had the alternative to use a logic analyzer OR bypass the lock by other means.

Now, lock is bypassed. HDD was read and a backup made.

Blending DVD maps into the system failed to produce results.

System booted but refused any navi function, said "can not read map data please consult your dealer".

It was reverted to original state from backup. Operational, albeit still in american mode.

No hidden files, all fat32 partitions, no easter eggs or other "niceties".

I have the complete listing of all files in both 4 partitions, roughly they look like this:

-A gracenote dedicated partition, aka. cd titles and more database.

-Another one for eventual music and other DVD jukebox recordings

-Sort of diag's partition with it's own LOADING.kwi, contains something that looks like a key-crypto data file.

-The NAVI's partition with maps and all, of a quite unusual structure, in any case not comparable to the structure of my 2004 RAV4 dvd.

If interest, I can post the complete listing (308 items, roughly 20k of text).

Backup is 8GB+, no means to electronically mail it with ease. DVD's can do by normal mail.

Aim is to substitute original american maps with european ones..

Lexus dealerships are of no help. They simply don't care of cars other than the ones they sell. A typicall toyota problem.

Furthermore, at the time of writing this, HDD systems are not officially introduced in Europe.

Any hands rise for teamship & collaboration ?

Ok, I know better I'd be hacking an airbus, but, never the less I give it a try.

LB

Hi LB,

I'm doing something similar, do you mind let me know how to contact you by PM?

Cheers,

Y

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

hi all,

i did that one hdd and it works fine but i have one thing ,when i change the battery for the car

the navigation stop working and i have to put canada map hdd again to setup.

Now working fine with loading

iam still need to share some one to help

badralmana@gmail.com

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 7 months later...

hi Techi,

could you plz contact me? I have something to discuss with you. I have lexus modified hdd with gulf map but loading file is not working.

every time we change the battery, have to use the original (USA) hdd to load the files then this modified hdd of Gulf map works.

will be greatful to you dear if you can help me in this matter.

• 3 years later...

techie,

I know I'm late to the party, but I have a 2008 (12/07 ) LX570 and I want to hack into the nav interface, but not for the reasons most want to. I don't care about watching DVDs while I'm driving, I want to rewrite the audio UI.

Enabling the nav while driving seems to be well discussed, but I haven't seen this yet.

Any interest?

Davy

• 2 years later...

This is a old post I know but, I am now looking into the same thing.

I have a 2007 LS460L... the navi was never been updated so it's the first image.  I have a laptop with Techstream 12.000.xxx  and in a day or so, I will have a Lexus labeled USB drive with the navi update for 2013 that I found on ebay for fairly cheap. 

I am trying to see if it's possible to use MY LAPTOP, with the USB drive with the navi update WITH OUT visiting the dealer.

I know according to a thread over at Clublexus, it needs some Lexus Installer program. Does this come on the USB drive, or is this on the master CD that goes to the dealer, if so, is it possible to get the app.

Anyone attempt to do this before with ANY luck ?

Thanks !