92 Lexus Es 300 Help!

jklncep

my ac blower wont switch from just blowing from the top to switching to the bottom or feet could someone help me figure out why also does anyone know if there is cold air intake for the car and what u think about performance chips please let me know once again thank u for all ur help

it only swithces on the last one which is the defrost and feet then when i switch it back to just feet or just face i can here it switch then slowly stops but the indicator shows thats its on feet or face its not on auto mode i dont know if that matters but ill check really need help with this though cuz it just stays on feet lol

• 2 weeks later...

If the icon is changing, it shows that the controller is trying to switch, but it sounds like the mechanical portion is not following suit. I am guessing that somewhewre attached to the back of the unit is a motorized lever that actuates the air direction flap (or whatever it's called). It is remotely possible there is an obstruction, but with the age of the car, it is also possible that the unit is shot. I don't know if it can be repaired or if it will have to be replaced entirely. You should be able to get a good deal on a used one from a salvaged vehicle.

In either case, you're going to have to take the dash apart to get to it.