Ect Pwr Function Not Working

prankmonkey

:huh: I have a 2000 Lexus RX300 with 133k miles. Runs great with minimal issues. However, the PWR (Power) setting for the ECT does not work. I can switch the ECT to snow and the dash lights up properly. When I select power, nothing happens. Since I live in Los Angeles, I would much prefer the PWR setting to the Snow setting.

Any help out there?

Thanks, Jason

I suspect the PWR function is working OK but your indicator light for the PWR setting is probably burned out. I've got the same issue with my RX300. The indictor light is out but the transmission works just like it always has so I'm assuming a dead indicator bulb. So far it hasn't bothered me enough to make me want to investigate replacing the bulb - if that's possible.

I suspect the PWR function is working OK but your indicator light for the PWR setting is probably burned out. I've got the same issue with my RX300. The indictor light is out but the transmission works just like it always has so I'm assuming a dead indicator bulb. So far it hasn't bothered me enough to make me want to investigate replacing the bulb - if that's possible.

Thanks Filehorse. That was the problem. I had hesitated driving it with the PWR setting for fear it was doing harm. But after your post, I drove it a couple of days and it is just like my slightly more powerful RX from before. Thanks again. Power to the people!!