O2 Sensor Help

I have a 2002 GS300, I just replace my plugs and wires, cleaned throttle body and maf sensor, the reason why i did that was because it lost power and 3 plugs were bad i think the codes were P301,P303,P305. Now my CIE is coming on and showing a code of P0420 I know it has something to do with the o2 Sensor's, I want to change them out but I think there is a total of 5 and I dont have all the cash to change at one time. So does anyone have or had this problem before and please share info with me. I would like the part numbers of all o2 sensors and a cheap deal on them if there is one out there. Would it be better to by the universal or the exact fit, besides cutting the wire and placing the pins what else is the diffrence. SO CAN ANYONE HELP ME FIGURE OUT WHICH o2 SENSOR TO CHANGE FIRST SO THE LIGHT CSN GO AWAY.

Thanks

John

I have a 2002 GS300, I just replace my plugs and wires, cleaned throttle body and maf sensor, the reason why i did that was because it lost power and 3 plugs were bad i think the codes were P301,P303,P305. Now my CIE is coming on and showing a code of P0420 I know it has something to do with the o2 Sensor's, I want to change them out but I think there is a total of 5 and I dont have all the cash to change at one time. So does anyone have or had this problem before and please share info with me. I would like the part numbers of all o2 sensors and a cheap deal on them if there is one out there. Would it be better to by the universal or the exact fit, besides cutting the wire and placing the pins what else is the diffrence. SO CAN ANYONE HELP ME FIGURE OUT WHICH o2 SENSOR TO CHANGE FIRST SO THE LIGHT CSN GO AWAY.

Thanks

John

In our area Auto Zone will read the fault light, and can tell if any are bad and which ones. They will give a readout of the replacements available. If you need the two on Bank One I can tell you which part numbers worked in my 2002 GS 300. Several are available for each position.

In our area Auto Zone will read the fault light, and can tell if any are bad and which ones. They will give a readout of the replacements available.

That's what I did too. I used the universal one because that is what they had in stock and I was too impatient to wait. It was a PITA. The wires are very thin with a hard insulation, so they were hard to strip the insulation without breaking the wire, which of course is what happened so I had to cut one shorter and was freaking out that it might end up too short.

I was able to use a regular box end wrench to remove the sensor. I didn't want to just cut the old wire in case they sold me the wrong sensor or something. The wire plug is small enough to fit through the box end and then slide the wrench down to the sensor. You will have to look when you find out which sensor though, some may not have enough room to swing a wrench, if so they make a special socket for O2 sensors so you can slide the wire through a slot in the socket. Oh, and if you get the universal sensor the plug that they have you splice in is much bigger than the stock one so you can't get it to pass through a box end wrench. I had to use the open end to install the new sensor. Works good though, Bosch brand.

Good luck! :cheers: