Tire Pressure Warning Reset Switch

Hi,

I have a 2007 LS-460L, went to check the tire pressure before this weekend road trip. Tire pressure reading on muti-information display is off by 5+ PSI then reading from hand held tire gauge. Wanted to do a reset. Search all around below driver steering wheel, above right knee and I cannot locate the reset switch. It's in the owner's manual but I can't locate that darn little button to hold for three seconds. Do I need new glasses or am I missing something?

Have a safe and happy Labor Day weekend.

TIA

Hi,

I have a 2007 LS-460L, went to check the tire pressure before this weekend road trip. Tire pressure reading on muti-information display is off by 5+ PSI then reading from hand held tire gauge. Wanted to do a reset. Search all around below driver steering wheel, above right knee and I cannot locate the reset switch. It's in the owner's manual but I can't locate that darn little button to hold for three seconds. Do I need new glasses or am I missing something?

Have a safe and happy Labor Day weekend.

TIA

Waaait!! You don't understand what you are doing and you may cause yourself a lot of grief. The accuracy of the TPMS has nothing to do with the "reset" switch. The accuracy is solely dependent on the accuracy of each wheel sensor - there are five (4 on the ground and the spare). The wheel sensors are typically very accurate and each is completely independent of all the others. It is possible that you have some sort of display problem, but that is unlikely.

I suggest that you check the accuracy of your hand held tire gauge as that is the most likely source of your problem.

The "reset" switch is for establishing a "tire pressure benchmark" in the car's computer that is used to calculate the low-pressure-warning thresholds. The benchmarks for all five tires are established when the "reset" is activated. If you reset the benchmarks improperly you may cause the TPMS to alarm when the tires are not low, or, you may cause the TPMS to fail to properly warn you of a low tire.

• Like 1

Jeff,

Thank you, thank you. I found that little bugger, reset switch, it should have been label above the right ankle rather then right knee. I used a manual and a digital tire gauge and now all is fine. I will not mess with the reset switch. I believe my dealer set it at 41 PSI and/or had the tires inflated to 41 when I picked up my CPO vehicle last month. I now have them at 33 PSI as recommended.

Thank you for your response. Have a nice weekend.

• 4 years later...

This is a small switch WAY UNDER the dash on the right side. You have to go down on your back in the foot well and look up to see it. Once you have located it , from sitting in the seat, you can FEEL for it with your right hand and follow resetting instructions. VERY difficult to find.

• 4 months later...