1998 Gs300 Bank 2 Sensor 1 (difficult To Remove)

Hi, I have a engine light up with a code of P0155 which is the Bank 2 Sensor 1. I tried to use a Oxygen Sensor Socket to remove it, but I have limited room when I put the socket on the sensor. I don't have any space to move when I attach the Wrench on the socket. I am thinking to buy the Lisle 43900 Oxygen Sensor Remover. Do you think that will help? Thank you.

845631380_08232009_1.jpg

Oxygen Sensor Socket

319089M0B1L._SS500_.jpg

Lisle 43900 Oxygen Sensor Remover

31cNMnxoPuL._SS500_.jpg

I have never had to replace a o2 sensor, Is the o2 socket too long ? The Lisle 43900 Oxygen Sensor Remover looks like it will do the job, Have you checked out any local shops in your area that rent out tools ? Then you could talk to somebody before renting or borrowing the tool. Sorry I could not be of more help. Contact Smooth1 http://us.lexusownersclub.com/forums/index...?showuser=42851 He is our resident gearhead and knows better than I do.

Welcome to the club :cheers:

I have never had to replace a o2 sensor, Is the o2 socket too long ? The Lisle 43900 Oxygen Sensor Remover looks like it will do the job, Have you checked out any local shops in your area that rent out tools ? Then you could talk to somebody before renting or borrowing the tool. Sorry I could not be of more help. Contact Smooth1 http://us.lexusownersclub.com/forums/index...?showuser=42851 He is our resident gearhead and knows better than I do.

Welcome to the club :cheers:

Yeah, the o2 socket too long. and the bank 2 sensor 1 is on the 4,5,6 cylinder which is hard to reach. i will try the Lisle 43900. and hoping will get it out.

thank you very much.

• 2 years later...

What you can do is since you're replacing the o2 sensor on the car is to cut the wire off as close as u can to the sensor & put a wrench on the sensor & take off. Also it'll help if you let the car run for a few mins to warm up the engine. That'll help with the sensor coming out.