A Few Issues

The odd time I noticed that when I start the car, pop the gear into drive and let the car roll w/o touching the accelerator the engine revs so low the engine shuts off. This has only happened 3-4 times in the 8 months I have owned the vehicle.

Sometimes when I approach the car w/the key fob in my pocket & touch the driver's side inner handle the door does not unlock. It takes a few taps for it to react, & sometimes it doesn't at all. Then I actually have to manually unlock the doors w/the fob.

Any ideas why these things are happening?

The new battery may or may not help. Same thing happens with ours, and has from day one.

As for the engine shutting off....is it warmed up at all when it does this or is it cold. I'm just guessing that maybe if it was warmed up just a tad it might not stall?

The odd time I noticed that when I start the car, pop the gear into drive and let the car roll w/o touching the accelerator the engine revs so low the engine shuts off. This has only happened 3-4 times in the 8 months I have owned the vehicle.

Do you recall if you were turning the steering wheel at the same time? I wonder if the power steering and additional belt driven accessories (brakes, alternator, A/C) induced too much of a load on the engine before it had a chance to stabilize (or react) to achieve idle.

I'm totally guilty of not letting my car warm up before popping the gear into drive & taking off. So yes this may have something to do with the engine stalling. When I sense the engine revving too low I hit the gas & that prevents the engine from stalling, but if I just pop the gear into drive & don't touch the accelerator that's when the engine (sometimes) shuts off

I don't know, it sound like more of an issue than that. Idle is controlled by the ECU. Your only in the open loop mode for about 2 minutes at most. It's in complete control of idle and light load transitions. Can you make this happen under curtian circumstances? You may need to replicate it for the tech to experience what your saying is going on.Then they can look at the ECU reports and see if anything is logged to find out what is causing this.

I don't know, it sound like more of an issue than that. Idle is controlled by the ECU. Your only in the open loop mode for about 2 minutes at most. It's in complete control of idle and light load transitions. Can you make this happen under curtian circumstances? You may need to replicate it for the tech to experience what your saying is going on.Then they can look at the ECU reports and see if anything is logged to find out what is causing this.

^+1

Modern engines don't need to be 'warmed up' before driving off. In days gone by, it was necessary due to the fact that there was no computer controlling all functions... idle, air/fuel mixture, etc. The only thing I wait for before putting my car in gear is the system 'check' to complete, and I've never experienced any fluctuations or engine failure like you describe.

Well now it's not always about cold start ability to drive. Older cars had chokes and fast idle controls. It's just not a good idea to start a cold engine and blast off at a high rate for several reasons.

Oh, no doubt, bartkat... I don't want to make it sound as though I start the car, and immediately flog the long skinny pedal. It is obviously a good idea to allow the engine to bring the oil pressure up, and get it circulating prior to putting a load on the drive train. That's exactly why I wait until the ECU completes its check before even putting it in gear. Older cars did indeed have limited, mechanical adjustments, but of course couldn't come close to the speed with which a computer can make corrections.

I've had the exact same issue with my 06 is250 awd...I'll start the engine, put it in drive and the engine just slows and then *BLEEP*s down. The engine slows as though it is going to shut down sometimes when I'm at a complete stop also...in the middle of a drive... I've had the dealership look at the computer diagnostics twice and they say they saw nothing wrong. I'm not able to replicate and it never happens when it's at the dealership. It only happens on a rare occasion, maybe it's happened 6-12 times, but I'd hate to see it get worse. My warranty is up in just a few hundred miles.

Joe

Dude, you're in the exact same situation as me. My warranty is up this Nov.11 & I would love for this problem to be solved prior to. But it so rarely happens, once every other month or so. Mind you i've never had it happen while driving, it's usually just right after start up..

Dealer advised for me to leave the car w/them over night, they'd start it up in the morning & see what happens. But I just know there's no point, it ain't gonna happen when you want it to