Vgrs Steering Issue

mdiachuk

My 2005 LX470 has had a steering quirk/issue since new. If you perform a turn to full lock (ie. a u turn) the steering wheel will be off center until it is turned a bit in the opposite direction.

I know that the VGRS system adjust its own center etc., but has anyone else noticed this problem?

At first the dealership told me this was normal with the VGRS system, but when pressed they cannot show me any documentation that this is normal. This is my 7th LX470/ Landcruiser but the first with the VGRS system so I believed them. The vehicle is going in for its last warranty service 50k in a week or two and I would like to address this issues as I am going to keep the vehicle for a year or two longer.

My 2005 LX470 has had a steering quirk/issue since new. If you perform a turn to full lock (ie. a u turn) the steering wheel will be off center until it is turned a bit in the opposite direction.

I know that the VGRS system adjust its own center etc., but has anyone else noticed this problem?

At first the dealership told me this was normal with the VGRS system, but when pressed they cannot show me any documentation that this is normal. This is my 7th LX470/ Landcruiser but the first with the VGRS system so I believed them. The vehicle is going in for its last warranty service 50k in a week or two and I would like to address this issues as I am going to keep the vehicle for a year or two longer.

I had kind of like the same problem when I would make turn the steering wheel would stay off centered for a while and then little by little would center it self so I took it in to Lexus and they told me it needed to be and alignment so they did it and it's been great since then!! if they dont help call Lexus Corp and let them know the dealership cant solved the problem see what they could do if in deed it's not normal you could get the number from the lexus owners website.

I don't think this is normal. I make lock U-turns all the time and don't notice this. Granted, when I bought my CPO '03, the steering wheel was about 10 deg to the left of center when the car was going straight. Turned out to the VGRS ECU. Dealer replaced it under CPO warranty (thank God!...was $800 for the part alone!) and all is well 33K mi later.