Lug Nut Torque Spec

craig27

Quicky question.

Can anyone provide the torque spec for the wheel lugs? I cant seem to find it in the manual.

I need to have it to remind the guys at the tire shop when they balance/rotate. Along w/ over-inflating, they seem to want to use an impact set at 5000ft/lbs when putting wheels back on. For each of my cars, I make a small laminated placard that has front/rear tire pressure along with torque specs. I set it in a conspicuous place when I drop it off so their is no confusion. Has worked pretty well so far.

Thanks!

Quicky question.

Can anyone provide the torque spec for the wheel lugs? I cant seem to find it in the manual.

I need to have it to remind the guys at the tire shop when they balance/rotate. Along w/ over-inflating, they seem to want to use an impact set at 5000ft/lbs when putting wheels back on. For each of my cars, I make a small laminated placard that has front/rear tire pressure along with torque specs. I set it in a conspicuous place when I drop it off so their is no confusion. Has worked pretty well so far.

Thanks!

My ES350 is 76 ft lbs. I have had the same issue and now do my own rotations. The last gorilla that rotated my tires cranked them on over 100 ft lbs. :angry: I write it under the hood with a silver sharpie along with the oil weight & capacity just in case the wife takes it to a shop and I am not there to tell them.