Power Stering Leak

I have a 1992 Lexus sc400, I've notice the power stering fluid leaking, I add power stering fluid it stops but continues again after about 3-4 days. since I'm a female I don't want to get ripped at the dealership. Do you think it's the power stering pump or maybe the lines?

Would you like to do it yourself? Buy a replacement power steering pump from the Toyota dealer. I've found out that it's better than the other aftermarkets from Pep Boys or Advanced Auto.

• 2 months later...

Based on my own experiences, depending on who previously owned your car (if it wasn't you), the lines may have been changed and could be the only thing causing your problem. I don't know how much this can help you, but I attached a diagram for my own 94 SC400 that was used to diagnose my own PS problems a couple months back. We pinpointed the leak to a single hose (shaded part 44416 in the diagram) that the previous owner tried to fix and did it myself...fixed the entire system! Unfortunately for me, a new leak has been discovered closer to the pump and we're still trying to see if the pump is responsible or not.

I'd definitely take a look at the lines before replacing the pump, if you haven't bought a pump already.

SC400_PS_Diagram.PDF