Where Is Ac Drain Tube Located?

Guest poonblaster

Guest poonblaster

First post..

I've searched these forums the best I could, and could not find the answer to my question. Please excuse me if this has been brought up before.

My wife's 2005 RX330 has been having a moldy odor for the past week. I've inspected the AC filter behind the glovebox.. no issue there. I've tried running the heat while spraying disinfectant through the vents. That didn't work.

Today, the the carpet in both front footwells was wet. I'd like to see if a clogged AC drain is the problem.

Can anyone give me an idea where this tube is located so I can take a look at it? Is this something I can address at home rather than going to the dealer?

Any advice/insight would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

First post..

I've searched these forums the best I could, and could not find the answer to my question. Please excuse me if this has been brought up before.

My wife's 2005 RX330 has been having a moldy odor for the past week. I've inspected the AC filter behind the glovebox.. no issue there. I've tried running the heat while spraying disinfectant through the vents. That didn't work.

Today, the the carpet in both front footwells was wet. I'd like to see if a clogged AC drain is the problem.

Can anyone give me an idea where this tube is located so I can take a look at it? Is this something I can address at home rather than going to the dealer?

Thanks

PB- I can't tell you from personal experience, but it has to be on the right firewall (outside) because it has to be in the immediate area of the evaporator. It can sometimes be a little hard to see because of the inner fender skirt, possibly easier to see from the bottom, with the car jacked up (with stands under it!). Don't know if removal of the inner fender skirt would get you to it or not. Be sure when you deal with the leak that the carpet is dried out completely or you may have some nasty health- hazard mold growing soon. Good Luck!

First post..

Thanks

PB- I can't tell you from personal experience, but it has to be on the right firewall (outside) because it has to be in the immediate area of the evaporator. It can sometimes be a little hard to see because of the inner fender skirt, possibly easier to see from the bottom, with the car jacked up (with stands under it!). Don't know if removal of the inner fender skirt would get you to it or not. Be sure when you deal with the leak that the carpet is dried out completely or you may have some nasty health- hazard mold growing soon. Good Luck!

This is for an RX300 but it may be the same as yours: http://home.comcast.net/~rx300how2/ac_tube.htm

• 4 years later...

It's on the passenger side.

From underneath

Look at the firewall where it transitions to the floor.

Look between the wishbones... about as far back as the center of the tire.

Its not far from the catylictic converter and the drive shaft U Joint.

It's a 1/2 to 1/4 inch black tube...comes out about an inch then 90degree downturn for another inch.

I tried to upload a picture to the media area, but could not....

They say:

We are currently making improvements to the Media Library.

• 2 years later...